PDA

View Full Version : Archaon, the Emissary of Sigmar

saberslash127
23-06-2015, 09:41
So how would you guys feel when the greatest enemy of mankind who literally destroyed our Beloved Warhammer World is now a changed man preaching the fate of Simgar!

well that is what this blog has told me...http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/06/age-of-sigmar-rumor-tidalwave.html

personally I am confused on the matter but I wanted to know what you guys think....

Spider-pope
23-06-2015, 09:45
These are the same set of rumours that included the new greenskin race named after a racial slur. They originated on 4Chan, so it's safe to say that while some parts may indeed be true, others are included just to troll the community. If any part seems overly stupid or controversial, it's likely been made up to be just that.

saberslash127
23-06-2015, 09:53
These are the same set of rumours that included the new greenskin race named after a racial slur. They originated on 4Chan, so it's safe to say that while some parts may indeed be true, others are included just to troll the community. If any part seems overly stupid or controversial, it's likely been made up to be just that.

Perhaps.....but this particular blogger is someone that has done several other blogs of other games....and personally I found him rather trustful about this particular blog.....I could be wrong.....but it would seem to much of a work to make all that stuff up just for it to be a hoax.....

Spider-pope
23-06-2015, 09:59
Perhaps.....but this particular blogger is someone that has done several other blogs of other games....and personally I found him rather trustful about this particular blog.....I could be wrong.....but it would seem to much of a work to make all that stuff up just for it to be a hoax.....

Larry is quoting rumours from another site, from a poster who has 2 posts, who's rumours originated with 4chan. Not sure why you'd trust the information when even the articles author says its from a dubious source.

As for it being too much work, check out the 40k edition rumours that Larry also linked to. People will go to a lot of effort just to wind others up and get five minutes of internet fame.

jtrowell
23-06-2015, 10:55
About this rumour, note that the Archaon part might not mean what you think to think it means : the context is that both Sigmar (new god) and Chaos (Archaon as a flesh and blood emissary) are new to the settings, not that Archaon is an emissary of Sigmar.

Just Tony
23-06-2015, 14:46
They made Malekith the Phoenix King. I don't put ANYTHING past GW. I'm actually kind of shocked they haven't made every race Chaos. Feeds into their nihilistic attitude. Let me sum it up for them

Beastmen: Duh
Warriors of Chaos: Duh
Daemons of Chaos: Duh
High Elves: Tzeentch or undivided
Dark Elves: Slaanesh or undivided
Wood Elves: Khorne or undivided
Bretonnians: Khorne or undivided
Empire: undivided or any of the four powers
Dwarfs: Khorne
Ogre Kingdoms: Nurgle
Undead of both types: Nurgle
Skaven: I'd say this falls into Duh since they started as a Chaos race and their clans follow the theme of the Chaos Gods
Lizardmen: Tzeentch

There you go. Perfectly done, and with enough skulls and Chaos spikes to defend the IP. Win win win win win.

NpSkully
23-06-2015, 21:03
Dude, I just thing that all of the stuff that anyone says is BS right now. I think everyone should just shut up, and wait until the 11th since clearly everyone is either too wound up, or is pulling stuff out of their ass. I don't care if whomever is right eventually, right now I just... Don't... Care.

Voss
23-06-2015, 21:39
Dude, I just thing that all of the stuff that anyone says is BS right now. I think everyone should just shut up, and wait until the 11th since clearly everyone is either too wound up, or is pulling stuff out of their ass. I don't care if whomever is right eventually, right now I just... Don't... Care.
People like discussion. I can see the point of keeping it out of rumour threads, but if you don't want to deal with it, there is always the option of not clicking on general discussion threads.

Regarding the OP, Larry of Bell just gathers up everything he's ever heard on a subject and reposts it without any thought or analysis. Ignore him.
You're also misreading the '4chan' rumour. Sigmar arrives as a new faith AND Archaon shows up as an emissary (of chaos). It is poorly written, but the 'world was untouched by chaos but this changed' ties into Archaon arriving, and the Sigmarite faith happening at the same time. Its two unrelated events smashed together by poor grammar.

infamousme
24-06-2015, 04:02
I still haven't ruled out those 4chan rumors. I know its unpopular to believe them, but whatever 😁

Philhelm
25-06-2015, 01:41
About this rumour, note that the Archaon part might not mean what you think to think it means : the context is that both Sigmar (new god) and Chaos (Archaon as a flesh and blood emissary) are new to the settings, not that Archaon is an emissary of Sigmar.

That's how I interpreted it, that Archaon was an emissary of the Chaos Gods. Assuming the rumors have any validity, of course.

Rhasget
25-06-2015, 18:42
Wasn't it Harry (or Hastings) that mentioned a long time ago that Archaon could be turned to a champion of Sigmar in AoS. Might remember wrong though.

Lord Dan
25-06-2015, 18:44
Didn't Archaon start out as a Warrior Priest?

Ramius4
25-06-2015, 19:07
I don't know exactly. I do recall in one of the fluff threads about a year ago that he was a devout follower of Sigmar before he went bad.

snyggejygge
25-06-2015, 19:34
He was, he really tried avoiding his fate, all he wanted was a sign from Sigmar, but he didn't get one, so basically he went forget it all & decided to destroy everything, including the chaos gods.

Mentat Bashar
25-06-2015, 20:00
Didn't Archie go apes*t over some "truth" he found in a tome of Chaos lore? I remember it being speculated about the "truth" being the Great Game, that Chaos ultimately always wins and has done it before. Maybe now, with the Great Game being over and with Sigmar reborn, we could have a setting where the gods can be beaten, so Archie isn't really the Everchosen anymore and could well be fighting for a different cause.

Kotrag
25-06-2015, 20:13
Didn't Archie go apes*t over some "truth" he found in a tome of Chaos lore? I remember it being speculated about the "truth" being the Great Game, that Chaos ultimately always wins and has done it before. Maybe now, with the Great Game being over and with Sigmar reborn, we could have a setting where the gods can be beaten, so Archie isn't really the Everchosen anymore and could well be fighting for a different cause.

Nope, the truth he went ******* over was the fact he was prophesied to become the last Everchosen - him, an utterly devout Sigmarite (well, a half-Norse rape-born whelp) who had spent his entire life fighting for the god's glory. The despair and irony simply pushes him over the edge.

Understandably, he was very unhappy to see Sigmar during the End Times. And not in the typical antagonistic bad guy vs. good guy way, this was complete, soul-blackening hatred.

Mentat Bashar
25-06-2015, 21:12
Oh I see, thanks for the clarification, too bad he didn't go all Sarah Connor, "No Fate" instead...I mean, there must have been dozens of prophecies that didn't come true? Anyhow, at least it makes Archaon a more complex character.

Hawthorne
26-06-2015, 07:07
I still haven't ruled out those 4chan rumors. I know its unpopular to believe them, but whatever 

I don't see any reason to rule it out but I also see no reason to give it any value. If it ends up being true cool, doesn't really matter by then since we won't care what rumors said once we know the real deal. If it ends up being false someone spent a lot of time on making up crap and we spent more time talking about it (as a whole).

Understandably, he was very unhappy to see Sigmar during the End Times. And not in the typical antagonistic bad guy vs. good guy way, this was complete, soul-blackening hatred.

I read this twice with "antagonistic" as "anti-agnostic" and it was a very different, very confusing sentence.