PDA

View Full Version : What to use for Spineshiver Blade? Tyranid bits?

flakmonkey
24-06-2015, 12:32
Hey, hope this is right section.
Anyway, making Black Legion character, and I want to give him the Spineshiver blade, but not sure what to use. My first thought was venom blade from DE range (used one before for Huskblade) as it looks "boney/spiney"
Then i thought maybe a tyranid bit. But no idea what piece/kit would work.
Is there a tyranid bit that is "boney/spiney" sword shaped and would fit a marine?

And anynoyher suggestions welcome

Cheers

mashkeyboardgetusername
24-06-2015, 13:37
I've used a single claw from the murderclaws of the SW venerable dreadnought as the blade of a fangsword for my wolf lord. Painted differently maybe it could look like a cool bony talon, with all the angles on the blade? I don't know exactly what the spineshiver blade is meant to be, but it's an idea, and any SW player that didn't build their dread as murderfang should have the bit spare.

Spiney Norman
24-06-2015, 13:50
What is it supposed to look like? Actually made from a spinal column?

The straight wych razor flail looks pretty spinal, and a DE Huskblade could definitely work (it shouldn't be too hard to find a DE player willing to give you one, it's about the worst weapon option available to an archon and they all come with one).

Snake Tortoise
24-06-2015, 13:55
Know any tyranid players? If you do there's a good chance they've got a few tyranid warrior scything talon arms lying around. The following model has had the talons cut off and repositioned to look like swords, which is presumably what you'd be trying to do

Bear in mind warriors are far bigger than space marines so one of those talons would be quite big on a space marine, but probably not too big to be a single handed weapon

By the way I've got no idea what a spineshiver blade really is but if it's some kind of boney sword then a warrior scything talon might be about right

ArtificerArmour
24-06-2015, 13:59
the champion's claw/sword arm from the hellstrider kit is ideal

Denny
24-06-2015, 14:08
A DE Huskblade could definitely work (it shouldn't be too hard to find a DE player willing to give you one, it's about the worst weapon option available to an archon and they all come with one).

I think you are forgetting the awesome power of the Djinn Blade. :p

The Huskblade would work visually, but I think the scale could look a little off for a Marine (especially for a superbadass daemon weapon).

MaliGn
24-06-2015, 20:41
There are any number of fantasy chaos weapons that would do the trick, or take something from one of the daemon kits. Or you could broaden the net to include skaven and undead. There's a part out there for you, you just have to find it!

flakmonkey
24-06-2015, 21:02
Should have explained what it is I guess. Spineshiver Blade is meant to have been forged from the spinal column of a Keeper of Secrets.

I have a DE army, so I know well the power of husk/djinn blades, hence why I have spare venom blade (never bought archon model)
I've always had bad luck with razorflail on my wyches, always break the damn things.
Tyranid warrior scything talon arm looks cool, if a little big. Would the genestealer talons be too small then?
Murderclaws look cool but how long are they? Look a bit short in the pics I saw.
Hellstrider arm also seems nice, but hard to find on ebay.