PDA

View Full Version : Question about company masters armor and deathwing

gr33n
26-06-2015, 22:48
The deathwing strikeforce doesnt specify the HQ needs terminator armor. Does this mean i can field one in artificer armor (i like my conversion better). I'm new to 40ks new system so not too knowledgeable on these formations. Im a 1hq 2 troops 5th edition guy lol

Spiney Norman
27-06-2015, 01:42
The deathwing strikeforce doesnt specify the HQ needs terminator armor. Does this mean i can field one in artificer armor (i like my conversion better). I'm new to 40ks new system so not too knowledgeable on these formations. Im a 1hq 2 troops 5th edition guy lol

Well since the entire formation has to be placed in Deepstrike reserve I can't see that you have any choice but to buy him terminator armour, unless there is a way of sliding a drop pod in that I am unaware of.

gr33n
27-06-2015, 02:04
if you have the DA codex read the "deathwing strikeforce" it just says models must have the deathwing rule. eh confusing but maybe u can deep strike in power armor lol...

and what about azrael? used to be able to take him in a deathwing army

Itsacon
27-06-2015, 04:23
Actually, you can deep strike with a Jump pack, right? So while a chaplain on a bike can't be taken in a RW strike force, it looks like you can field HQs without terminator armour in a DW strike force. Oops...

gr33n
27-06-2015, 04:54
Actually, you can deep strike with a Jump pack, right? So while a chaplain on a bike can't be taken in a RW strike force, it looks like you can field HQs without terminator armour in a DW strike force. Oops...

so i am right (though i was wrong till you pointed that out) i can use my favorite converted model with a jump pack and deep strike it with termies in a DW formation. that is cool as hell even if its more expensive technically (artificer/jump pack)

MajorWesJanson
27-06-2015, 07:59
You can have Land Raiders in that DW detachment that lack deep strike, yet must still be placed in DS reserve, somehow.

WarsmithGarathor94
27-06-2015, 08:29
As long as he takes a jump pack he can deep strike without terminator armour

Freman Bloodglaive
27-06-2015, 08:52
You can have Land Raiders in that DW detachment that lack deep strike, yet must still be placed in DS reserve, somehow.

If they can't deep strike they can't be taken.

The dedicated transport reference is for the drop pods that their Venerable Dreadnoughts must take.

Commissar Davis
27-06-2015, 16:04

I probably need to reread the rules, but doesn't the DW assault rule overrule normal deployment and so give them Deep Strike?