PDA

View Full Version : Hellcannon

Theadium
04-07-2006, 06:36
Hey guys, I have a question about the Hellcannon.
How effective is a hellcannon in general? Then, how effective is it if the shooter is only okay at guessing, so about 75% of the time it hits with guessing, then it scatters... Is it worth it, has it won games? Im looking at this in about a 3,000 point chaos army...
Thanks

der_lex
04-07-2006, 10:29
There's a big Hellcannon tactica over here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34145

Read that, and post any subsequent questions in there. (this is more a question for the tactics forum than general fantasy anyway)

Neknoh
04-07-2006, 11:46
Theadium, you are forgetting that the Hellcannon can reroll the Scatter dice, doubling your chances of a hit, or getting itwhere you want

Freak Ona Leash
04-07-2006, 13:30
He is also forgetting that GW is making everything from SoC unofficial. :( Or at least the army lists anyways, perhaps things like Crom, the Hellcannon and the Goblin-hewer will still be allowed in their respective "official" army lists.

Neknoh
04-07-2006, 13:44
The Hellcannon is NOT part of any of the two lists, it is a unit that can be included in an Archaons Horde and a Mortal army, Mounted Daemonettes and Crom both came before SoC so they don't have anything to say about those.

Besides, it is THREE tournaments in the entire world that has officially said No SoC armies allowed

Freak Ona Leash
04-07-2006, 13:47
The Hellcannon is NOT part of any of the two lists, it is a unit that can be included in an Archaons Horde and a Mortal army, Mounted Daemonettes and Crom both came before SoC so they don't have anything to say about those.

Besides, it is THREE tournaments in the entire world that has officially said No SoC armies allowed
Meh, I've heard people making a big deal over this, so I thought it was more serious that what it is. Apparently, Freak thought wrong. Carry on with the Hellcannons, Mounted Daemonettes etc.

Kharnath
04-07-2006, 14:00
remove the hell cannon?

*grabs gun* theyll never take me alive!

na im pretty sure our cannons are safe think they just want rid of the army lists, which is also a shame as the horde works real nice :/ but as said just cus it aint official for tournies dont mean the non GW ones will uphold it.

hell our organiser runs a demonic legion somehow i think well be fine

Saxon
05-07-2006, 23:25
not to mention they're actually pretty touch in h2h. I've had one charge to the front of my unit and then hold several units for protracted combats

TheWarSmith
06-07-2006, 07:13
1)Why are the getting rid of the SoC armies? Aside from the fact that most of them STINK(except daemonic legion and CoS). They like the tease daemon players then yank away the bait???

2)As mentioned, the hellcannon and hewer have individual entries, and GW wouldn't discontinue rules for models so newly developed

3)Yeah, this should go into tactica, but I'll answer it briefly

4)I'd stay away from the hellcannon in games under 2500 points. It eats up a LOT of points and diversity in lists at its point value. It really should be 1 rare choice for archaon's horde lists, but oh well. It's utility is increased a LOT when facing low leadership armies(ogre kingdoms, goblins, late game skaven, etc.) and when facing 20x20mm ranked infantry as you can just kill more.