PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to see write Warhammer books

mhsellwood
28-06-2015, 13:22
Inspired by the thread about what we can expect of lore in Age of Sigmar, I would be interested less in what we think will happen, but rather discussion about who we would like to see write for Games Workshop and why.

As a starter for ten may I propose China Mieville.

He has an unparalleled imagination, some serious world building skills (if you read Perdido Street Station and cannot picture the world in your mind's eye...) and the ability to write a narrative that is relentless and engaging. He is politically on the left which meshes well with the early anti Thatcherism and anarchic mindset of Games Workshop's output.

I would read a book by him set in the Chaos Wastes, or a down and dirty mercenary in the Drakwald, or exploring political life in a Dark Elf Black Ark, or doing some world building for Age of Sigmar, in a heartbeat.

Coldhatred
28-06-2015, 15:28
I'd still like to see Dan Abnett do some novels. Always has been my favourite Black Library author.

Kotrag
28-06-2015, 15:53
C.L. Werner.

Words for the Word God.

littleRaven
28-06-2015, 16:31
Dan abnett def, Gav thorpe & William king. wouldnt mind seeing what Philipe reeves could do too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cèsar de Quart
28-06-2015, 20:46
Gav Thorpe got a lot of flak back in the day for writing bad rules and very poor fluff. He's very unimaginative. Bill King wrote the Gotrek and Felix books, and, as the 4DChan website says, "they're not as good as you remember them to be". Seriously, they're not.

Who I'd like to see writing Warhammer books? Andrzej Sapkowski, the creator of the Witcher series. Maybe Neil Gaiman. Alan Moore too.

littleRaven
28-06-2015, 21:44
Gav thorpes sundering & dwarf stories are great reads man [emoji41]

littleRaven
28-06-2015, 21:46
& G&f novels are legend [emoji39]

Lord Dan
28-06-2015, 23:32
I can think of a half-dozen people here on Warseer that write better fan fiction than anything I've ever seen put out by GW.

The_Real_Chris
29-06-2015, 00:48
David and Leigh Eddings. Mwhahahahaha!

Sothron
29-06-2015, 01:07
Established BL people: Abnett, Bill King, Kyme and ADB.

Never written for BL: the Polish guy that wrote the Witcher novels.