PDA

View Full Version : New AoS terrain spotted: Ophidian Archway

Sheriff0fNottingham
02-07-2015, 16:28
https://www.facebook.com/tabletopamigos (https://www.facebook.com/warhammerwiesbaden/photos/ms.c.eJw9y8ENADEIA7CNToQUAvsvVqlc~_~;TDXUKEXF3M0tf jXBnGsGuOea3j1c8gZMjf5WO8f~_y2AQMsFrk~-.bps.a.984168548282405.1073741834.713968311969098/987155731317020/?type=1&theater)

Wow, this looks absolutely amazing!

HelloKitty
02-07-2015, 16:33
Saw a picture of the new realm of battle board and the new scenery and yeah... i was impressed.

Gorthaur
02-07-2015, 19:25
That board looks a bit...well, oddly plain? Aside from some cracks and stuff. The archway looks pretty cool though, however theres no way it will be within my price range.

Turgol
02-07-2015, 19:30
That board looks a bit...well, oddly plain? Aside from some cracks and stuff. The archway looks pretty cool though, however theres no way it will be within my price range.

It is plain, that's why I like it. But only assuming it is cheap enough. If it is expensive I'll pass.

HelloKitty
02-07-2015, 19:35
Current one goes for about $300 so I would imagine this will be the same.

Turgol
02-07-2015, 19:40
Current one goes for about $300 so I would imagine this will be the same.

If that is so, not for me then. This look much smaller than the current one though, doesn't it?

HelloKitty
02-07-2015, 19:42
Its 6 tiles like the original realm of battle board so I would think its the same size.

Gorthaur
02-07-2015, 19:45
To me it just looks like a new realm of battle tile to slide in with the rest. I don't think its a whole new board, just a single themed piece...unless i'm missing something obvious here.

Turgol
02-07-2015, 19:45
I thought it was smaller, not 6 tiles. It does look much more simple though. Maybe a little bit cheaper? Close to 300 is out of the question for me. Rather buy models.

Vazalaar
02-07-2015, 20:23
The Archway looks fantastic. Miniatures wise (exept the basic Sigmarines with shield) AoS will be incredible. I am still hoping that I alos will be pleasantly suprised by the rules in a couple of weeks.. .

GrandmasterWang
02-07-2015, 20:35
Archway looks epic. All the new scenery pieces I am really looking forward to

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sheriff0fNottingham
02-07-2015, 23:54
The scenarios show 6 new battle realm tiles in total if I can identify them correctly.

At least one has it's own name:
* Igneus Delta

Just Tony
03-07-2015, 00:31
That's one pretty cool dead link

The bearded one
03-07-2015, 00:40
This was in the link (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/07/age-of-sigmar-terrain-ophidian-archway-spotted.html)

Col. Tartleton
03-07-2015, 01:23
"Must be the new Age of Sigmar."
"Why?"
"It hasn't got skulls all over it."

Inquisitor Kallus
03-07-2015, 01:31
"Must be the new Age of Sigmar."
"Why?"
"It hasn't got skulls all over it."

Khorne is.............not pleased

Kerrahn
03-07-2015, 03:08
There's another terrain piece just revealed on the Twitter account @Lady_Atia called the Baleful Realmgates.

Funny thing is, I posted pictures of this from the Triumph & Treachery book on Warseer back when that came out, so was wondering what ever happened to that...

Gorthaur
03-07-2015, 03:47
There's another terrain piece just revealed on the Twitter account @Lady_Atia called the Baleful Realmgates.

Funny thing is, I posted pictures of this from the Triumph & Treachery book on Warseer back when that came out, so was wondering what ever happened to that...

Yes, those realmgates were spotted back in...I dunno 2013? They have been sitting on these models for quite some time I think..withholding them, as they were clearly produced years ago. They definitely look nice though, all of this new scenery. It almost makes me want to construct a board just for this new game.

Kerrahn
03-07-2015, 05:47
Yes, those realmgates were spotted back in...I dunno 2013? They have been sitting on these models for quite some time I think..withholding them, as they were clearly produced years ago. They definitely look nice though, all of this new scenery. It almost makes me want to construct a board just for this new game.

Absolutely. Got a 6x4 board from my brother's brief foray into model trains, so just need to repaint it and get a bit more terrain. Got an Arcane Ruins, Garden of Moor, ruined Wizard's Tower and a Citadel Hill, just need 1 each of these and I can make a very AoS looking board.

The bearded one
03-07-2015, 11:53
How about this chaotic monstrosity? http://www.belloflostsouls.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/aos-terrain-101.jpg

Here's the scenery round-up, with a good look at the gates: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/07/breaking-age-of-sigmar-more-terrain-kits-spotted.html

Spiney Norman
03-07-2015, 12:40
How about this chaotic monstrosity? http://www.belloflostsouls.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/aos-terrain-101.jpg

Here's the scenery round-up, with a good look at the gates: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/07/breaking-age-of-sigmar-more-terrain-kits-spotted.html

That Khornate fortress is pretty amazing, maybe a replacement for the venerable warhammer fortress? I hope this is something they are actually going to sell rather than 'something the scenery team knocked up out of a year's supply of industrial toilet rolls and some corrugated iron".

Am I right in thinking that the bottom picture of that BoLS link (the models on the ruined building) is actually the back of the ophidian archway?

I love how he speculates that the flames in the portal might be clear plastic and then shows pictures from the box art showing they are clearly not clear plastic...

mweaver
03-07-2015, 18:44
So far I am liking the new terrain. I had assumed when I originally saw that picture that we were going to have a new section to add to the existing Realm of Battle board, then somebody on other thread they heard two new ones. I wouldn't mind if they did a completely new one if there is additional variety in the pieces - the existing ones see a lot of use around here. I will be extra happy if I don't have to de-scullify them before painting. I like the new gates as well.

The bearded one
03-07-2015, 20:54
That Khornate fortress is pretty amazing, maybe a replacement for the venerable warhammer fortress? I hope this is something they are actually going to sell rather than 'something the scenery team knocked up out of a year's supply of industrial toilet rolls and some corrugated iron".

Am I right in thinking that the bottom picture of that BoLS link (the models on the ruined building) is actually the back of the ophidian archway?

I love how he speculates that the flames in the portal might be clear plastic and then shows pictures from the box art showing they are clearly not clear plastic...

I saw the actual boxes in my local GW (and the new realm of battle plates). I'm pretty sure that bottom pic is the back of the ophidian archway, yes.

Haravikk
03-07-2015, 22:37
The gates look awesome, possibly my favourite thing revealed so far (though given the uncertainty over my favourite armies, it wasn't hard to leap up to favourite ;))