PDA

View Full Version : How would you feel about playing vs AOS miniatures count as?

GrandmasterWang
03-07-2015, 05:09
The new Sigmarites/Sigmarines are comparable in size to space marines and have similar aesthetics.

How would you feel about someone using them as space marines in a battle?

For example the winged ones as Sanguinary guard or the twin hammer ones as assault marines?

5 of the hammer/shield Sigmarines could be used as thunder hammer/storm shield terminators for example.

In this topic I am talking about using the AOS miniatures as is, no conversion work

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Exorcist
03-07-2015, 06:04
Would not play it. They look nothing like Astartes to me. But then, im quite a hardcore fluff junky.

Orkusmorkus
03-07-2015, 06:21
These guys?

Maybe if it was just one or two units in an army of regular Marines, and you put some work into some basic conversions to update them to the 41st M.

As is? Probably not unless I knew the player.

You could magnetise some space marine backpack generator things and swap them out for 40k fights? I assume you want them to be also usable in WFB?

Okuto
03-07-2015, 06:37
I'm actually considering turning the winged ones into a slaanesh marked raptor.......that is if they're big enough.

I really don't care, as long as they're about the same size and I know in advance, have at it

Angelwing
03-07-2015, 08:10
Yes, no problem.

stroller
03-07-2015, 10:16
Using these figures in 40K (probably converted a little) would be my main reason if I do buy the box set. Go for it.

Also wondering whether "hardcore fluff" is spiky, like chaos.... (sorry, couldn't resist)

Karhedron
03-07-2015, 10:42
Sure, I would be happy to play against them. As long as any model is identifiable and a reasonable representation of the unit it is supposed to be, I am happy.

Bring on your "counts as", "3rd party sculpts", 3-D-printed-with-a-bolt-gun-stuck-on-the-end. If I get to play 40K then its all good.

Besides, it doesn't matter what they look like, they all die to massive Eldar firepower just as easily. :evilgrin:

mdauben
03-07-2015, 12:43
As long as I can tell what they are supposed to be on the table, why not?

From a Galaxy far, far away...

Lord Damocles
03-07-2015, 12:48
The flying guys could do with at least being given guns.

Shield guys as terminators works pretty well with no work, though.

MagicHat
03-07-2015, 13:10
I would want some conversion works done, at the very least a backpack.

Odin
03-07-2015, 13:16
Of course, no problem at all. So long as it's clear what's what. They basically are Space Marines.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rabbitden
03-07-2015, 13:39
My brother plays blood angels and I wouldn't be against him using these sigmarines in his force if he converted them a little. As I play chaos, I'm excited about using the new chaos models as cultists and berserkers in my army. I'm also super excited about that new lord with Flesh hound, it gives me great hope about a new flesh hound plastic kit in the future. I might try and convert the banner bearer into a dark apostle too. A great boxset for 40K chaos players!

WarsmithGarathor94
03-07-2015, 18:41
Id have.no problem their skulls are still going to khorne after all

dale
03-07-2015, 22:03
Yea I would be perfectly fine with it. I'm a fan of doing things like that too. It puts different models on the table to make an army unique.

totgeboren
04-07-2015, 09:39
Whats wrong with the new WHFB rules? I haven't tried them myself, but are they really bad enough that you can't just play whfb? Seems fun enough from what I read. :P

Mr Zoat
04-07-2015, 10:09
They look more 40K than Fantasy anyway.

Althenian Armourlost
04-07-2015, 15:39
The Khorne faction miniatures are superb, and would be easily useable in 40k with only minor conversion. They are in fact so good, that buying 2 sets of chaos from Dark Vengeance and 2 sets of Age of Sigmar chaos would net you the core components of a sizeable chaos army to then add miniatures to.

It's a shame chaos are rubbish on the table though.

dark devil
04-07-2015, 17:50
I think they are a bit too big unless your using them as terminators.

TheFang
04-07-2015, 20:23
Just to throw this (http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=80228.0) into the mix. Ideal conversion base for the Custodes.

sunborn
04-07-2015, 23:35
The Custodes conversion looks good except the speesh marine head. I would allow the play if converted like that ... maybe. The Custodes don't have an army list (probably because they never leave holy terra). To do "count as" speesh marines would probably push me over the edge.

GrandmasterWang
05-07-2015, 07:55
Imo the new Khorne Warriors are the Khorne Beserkers i have been craving. Just pop a gun in them and they are golden

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

sunborn
05-07-2015, 09:37
Imo the new Khorne Warriors are the Khorne Beserkers i have been craving. Just pop a gun in them and they are golden

This, I support.

Karhedron
06-07-2015, 16:07
Whats wrong with the new WHFB rules? I haven't tried them myself, but are they really bad enough that you can't just play whfb? Seems fun enough from what I read. :P

AoS is a totally different game to 8th Ed Warhammer. Some people don't like the change and have no interest in playing AoS. I cannot wrap my head around the lack of points values but I haven't actually played a game so I am withholding judgement.

Gerod253
08-07-2015, 03:42
As long as we both can understand at a glance what is what i can say only this.

DO IT! DO IT NOUWW!

Seriously, whatever sparks your creativity and makes you want to build/convert/paint/play is all good.

Wesser
08-07-2015, 08:03

It's basically an entirely new game and Fantasy has been scrapped.

Problem with using these guys as space marines will probably be fitting them with ranged weapons.... anything melee oriented should be simple enough

Althenian Armourlost
08-07-2015, 08:17

They fit the new chaos aesthetic really well. They go very nicely with Dark Vengeance marines and raptors.

Mawduce
08-07-2015, 08:46
The Custodes conversion looks good except the speesh marine head. I would allow the play if converted like that ... maybe. The Custodes don't have an army list (probably because they never leave holy terra). To do "count as" speesh marines would probably push me over the edge.

Forgeworld is gonna have to make one. They beamed aboard Horus' ship during the battle, and were present at the palace during the siege. They can't ignore that. As long as they look like Custodies, I'm fine with it. Nothing wrong with conversions as long as they look the part. Saying a cowboy model is a space marine though... leave, just leave now.

MagicHat
08-07-2015, 12:56
Forgeworld is gonna have to make one. They beamed aboard Horus' ship during the battle, and were present at the palace during the siege. They can't ignore that. As long as they look like Custodies, I'm fine with it. Nothing wrong with conversions as long as they look the part. Saying a cowboy model is a space marine though... leave, just leave now.

The followed Russ to Prospero as well. There was a group of Custodes that always guarded the Emperor (Companions?) but the rest was a bit more free.
It would be a shame if all the awesome units we have artwork for is not realized. (Terminators, Contemptor dred, jetbike, Grav-Rhino!)

Poncho160
08-07-2015, 13:52
The sigmarmarines are quite a bit bigger than 40k marines, so would look weird if played next to standard marines. An army of pure sigmarmarines would look good though if they were given backpacks and bolt guns.

Templar Ben
08-07-2015, 13:56
I would welcome it. Thing is, you are not playing against me.

Just ask your friends dude.

Xantalora
09-07-2015, 00:55
I would play against it, if it is converted in a suitable way. Speaking of which, I myself just started working on a Adeptus Custodes Army, using the AoS Modells as base.

Templar Ben
09-07-2015, 01:10
I would play against it, if it is converted in a suitable way. Speaking of which, I myself just started working on a Adeptus Custodes Army, using the AoS Modells as base.

That is really sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Galef
09-07-2015, 23:38
They are Space Marines. Why would anyone have an issue with you using Space Marines as Space Marines?

Sarcastic remark aside,
When I first saw the AoS stuff I was like "Well, I guess Blood Angels decided to invade the Fantasy world"

However, I think you have to use them as Terminators due to the size.

heavyheart
11-07-2015, 12:50
Given the price honestly I think you're mad, I thought rumours they were five for thirty pounds had to be wrong but they weren't.

It's your money and your choice but sixty quid to convert a squad is unreasonable to me.

Malefactum
11-07-2015, 13:08
As a stranger, I would refuse to play. As a close friend, I would allow it, but still wouldn't enjoy it. I dislike fantasy and past-settings-minis. They look nothing like Space Marines. Not more than any other fantasy setting knight models do. To me that's like playing a 40k game versus Brettonian knights of the realm "counts as Death Korpse of Krieg". No, thank you. If I'd like WHFB or Age of Sigmar, I'd play that instead.

Latro_
12-07-2015, 12:15
I'm already straight up just using the new khorne blood warriors as possessed in my daemonkin army