PDA

View Full Version : How to protect your models and bases?

chrismisterx
03-07-2015, 10:59
I will be honest I was really keen on AoS, thought a shake up was needed and when it was realeased you could use your old models and some free rules it sounded too good to be true, yes I expected some problems, but I thought it would be teething problems.

But this model to model and ignoring bases is a game changer for me, over the years I have seen some fantastic armies, modeled with skill I could only dream about, i was scared to even pick a model up to look at as it was imo a piece of art, but now i have to poke a metal tape against it while having my old heavy metal models on his base, no chance I would do that.

But what if you play against someone who thinks of his models as counters, not bothered if they are painted well and they decided to just dump the models on your hard work, smashing metal tapes against your work, how is that going to be fun when your worried your models will get broken?

For every well painted army, with a player that cares about the models I have seen just as many who dont give a toss that was fine before, but now if they dont look after there own models, why would i think they would look after mine?

So how do you protect your collection?, was so looking forward to getting back into gaming, hoping to get my son into also, but unless i just play him I would have to have pick up games at my local GW and this really puts me off, people spend hours and a lot of money making armies that could be broken in mins in the heat of battle.

the rules lacking is bad, game play that can break costly models by over keen players is shocking.

Mech87
03-07-2015, 12:46
You don't protect your models. GW want's you to buy new models as soon as the old ones are busted by stupid rules.

(Sorry kinda pooped with the **** they ahve thrown in our face so far)

swordofglass
03-07-2015, 12:52
You protect your models by using them to play Kings of War.
In all seriousness, the only other way would be to insist on a house-rule with whomever you play against, stating that models may not climb onto each others' bases, and to not use metal rulers or measurers.

Kaptajn_Congoboy
03-07-2015, 13:06
WM/H players use 1/2", 1" and 2" melee range measurement devices (and 3" LOS-out-of-forest templates, and lots of other custom things). They're easier on the paint job and widely available from a number of small companies. In WM/H, they use them from base to base, of course.

samael
03-07-2015, 13:09
Protect them by playing 8th or KOW, at the moment that's my plan.

Alternatively bring a very big stick,preferably with nails in it.