PDA

View Full Version : Playtest AoS

mightymconeshot
03-07-2015, 18:50
I don't know if this got posted any where or was in the rumors but I stopped by my a GW store yesterday and the manager told me to stop by on Saturday to play test the new AoS rules. He said he was going to be running play tests all day. I don't know with what models/armies/forces or anything but I just wanted to post. I am not a fantasy guy but I will see if I can watch a game or two and give a summary. And maybe some more veteran players can go get a playtest because I doubt it is a local thing? Maybe?

Again don't know if this is old news or if the rules are already posted. If they are sorry. If not, I will try to get some things up tomorrow night.

nosebiter
03-07-2015, 18:51
It will be the starterbox only. That is what they will be desperate to sell over the next week.

The_Real_Chris
03-07-2015, 19:45
Bit late to do a playtest...

Gorsameth
03-07-2015, 19:48
I don't know if this got posted any where or was in the rumors but I stopped by my a GW store yesterday and the manager told me to stop by on Saturday to play test the new AoS rules. He said he was going to be running play tests all day. I don't know with what models/armies/forces or anything but I just wanted to post. I am not a fantasy guy but I will see if I can watch a game or two and give a summary. And maybe some more veteran players can go get a playtest because I doubt it is a local thing? Maybe?

Again don't know if this is old news or if the rules are already posted. If they are sorry. If not, I will try to get some things up tomorrow night.
News was known yes but thanks for sharing anyone. And im sure people will be eager to hear opinions from people who have played/watched it.

Ramius4
03-07-2015, 19:50
Bit late to do a playtest...

He means demo games, not playtest.

TheFang
03-07-2015, 19:51
He means demo games, not playtest.
Having read the rules some input from playtesters would have been a great idea.

Ramius4
03-07-2015, 19:54
Having read the rules some input from playtesters would have been a great idea.

Lol. True.

Although I don't understand how such terrible rules got printed in the first place. There are loopholes big enough to drive a tank through.

HelloKitty
03-07-2015, 20:36
I'm running demos all day tomorrow with the box. The models won't be painted but they are at least primed and assembled. As to how the game plays - I've run about a dozen games today with it to get a feel for it.

Some things I like. Some things I do not like. There will be some scenarios written for organized events here anyway, so those will address the issues that are coming up... it deals mainly in force composition.

The box forces are not that horrible but someone can drop 10 blood thirsters down on the table and call it a day and so things like that will be weeded out.