PDA

View Full Version : AoS Forge World possibilities

superczhunk
03-07-2015, 22:08
Since Age of Sigmar is being set up with 8 mortal realms with the characteristics of the realm's Wind of Magic, and with 4 multi-army factions, my hope is that Forge World can do Fantasy right by coming out with bits to configure the armies to match the different realms.

For example: Panther bits for Breyherds so that you can have black panther beastmen from the Realm of Shadow; or bird bits to make Birdmen from the Realm of Light. So many possibilities too. What would an Undead army look like that is themed around the Realm of Heavens or Life?

I'm sure it would be easier to do this for certain armies, but if the Realmgate Wars means any army can be from or fight in any Realm, then you have a near Heresy-like amount of variations for the armies.

Kotrag
03-07-2015, 22:39
Marauder tribesmen themed after the three main Chaos tribes, assuming they still exist.

(More) Viking-themed Norscans, Central Asian and Slavic-themed Kurgan and other Central Asian-themed Hung.

Spiney Norman
03-07-2015, 22:47
Hmmm, a nice idea but something tells me that expecting an announcement from forgeworld which says they are launching a new fantasy range is like expecting an announcement from the pope proclaiming his conversion to Islam. They're too busy milking the heresy cash cow o be too bothered about what is going on elsewhere in the company.

Grimstonefire
03-07-2015, 23:16
I think the whole point of this was to reduce expenditure on fantasy. I can't see FW doing anything different except maybe swapping to round bases for fantasy things and setting up free pdf info.

Certainly not releasing anything new.

superczhunk
04-07-2015, 01:35
Warhammer Forge was setup around WHFB. Age of Sigmar is different, and can eventually warrant Forge World space, especially if done correctly. I wouldn't expect it for some time though...definitely only after it is deemed successful or not by the big wigs.

Scribe of Khorne
04-07-2015, 01:39
FW wont touch this **** pile, unless forced to. Look at the FW release cycles, its all HH, all the time because 1, they control the quality of the game (and it is quality) and 2, it sells.