PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to continue sticking minis on square bases?

Vulgarsty
03-07-2015, 22:47
Given that you can't play 8th without square bases (without huge rows about what's in arc/facing etc) but Age of Sigma (although I can pretty soon seeing it becoming nicknamed something distinctly Red-Dwarf-ish......) can be played with any (or no) base - surely it is only rational to base on squares bar the minor expense of buying them -(100 for ~3 from hasslefree) - I certainly am. The rules - as I imagined, look total, and utter unfun garbage. Khorne models look great though so I will have get the set

GW are indeed achieving their wish of being just a "miniatures company" - trouble is I only buy single examples of minis - it was rules that sold me four boxes of Isle of Blood.....5 chaos battalions etc

Gorthaur
03-07-2015, 22:52
Maybe only with tiny models like night goblins, but generally I find bloodletters..putrid blightkings...bloodcrushers etc all look better on round/oval bases.

red_zebra_ve
03-07-2015, 23:37
Tetris player here. Miniatures will be on square bases! :)

Vulgarsty
04-07-2015, 00:56
Maybe only with tiny models like night goblins, but generally I find bloodletters..putrid blightkings...bloodcrushers etc all look better on round/oval bases.

OK, that's a matter of taste, but the utility factor (ie why have something that can do only one thing when it could easily do two) should surely lead most people to square base - it just gives you more flexibility.

Darkspear
04-07-2015, 01:15
I will be still doing square bases. AOS seems real unpopular here.

mweaver
04-07-2015, 05:07
Me probably. Except the ones I put on round bases. I am not always consistent, as I generally use figures for RPGs or Mordheim. But units that will look nifty ranked up will certainly continue to go on square bases.

MagicAngle
04-07-2015, 06:16
Sticking with squares, for sure. I'm interested to see if GW keeps stocking the full square base selection going forward. I imagine that they'll sell like hotcakes if they start selling Warhammer minis with round bases only.