PDA

View Full Version : All warscrolls are live - discuss!

Venthrac
04-07-2015, 02:42
For those who have not seen it, all the warscrolls for WFB models are now live.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/age-of-sigmar-compendiums

Just read over Bretonnia and they're not bad, save for the weirdness of having no points and no restriction on the number of standard bearers and musicians. Otherwise, it's a pretty faithful conversion, as most of the major themes are present. Very interesting how the Trebuchet works now, I love the "Hard to Miss" rule on it.

Also, wow a horde of 30 zombies w/in 9" of a Corpse Cart hits and wounds on 2+. YIKES.

Voss
04-07-2015, 02:44
Worse than I could have possibly imagined.

An ex-girlfriend's sister once wrote up some overly detailed crossbreeding rules for D&D characters, and the ex gave them to me at one point. The professionalism and pride that went into what was some really creepy sexual fixations makes me feel the complete lack of professionalism and pride in these warscrolls.

Drakkar du Chaos
04-07-2015, 02:59
The more i see about the rules for AoS the more it sounds like this to me :

This is sad.
I need to play a game of 8th to forgot about this disaster.

ShruikhanTK
04-07-2015, 03:11
They put some thought into making the units interesting and fun.....but the format just doesn't click with me. It just looks bad, I wish they put this effort into fxing 8th edition instead and gave us a cool way to play small scale games. I didn't want 40k damnit thats why I dont play it!

taurus-marstein
04-07-2015, 03:15
Everyone's already talking about this on the other AoS threads.

Hawthorne
04-07-2015, 03:19
They put some thought into making the units interesting and fun.....but the format just doesn't click with me. It just looks bad, I wish they put this effort into fxing 8th edition instead and gave us a cool way to play small scale games. I didn't want 40k damnit thats why I dont play it!

If you think this game is 40k then Warmachine and Bolt Action are the same game. Warmaster and Flames of war are basically the same game by this measure.

BirchbarktheAncient
04-07-2015, 03:48
So, you create a game and refrain from creating a points system to balance games......lol......only GW!

Venthrac
04-07-2015, 03:51
Everyone's already talking about this on the other AoS threads.

Fair, but it's a specific topic that merits its own thread in my view.

taurus-marstein
04-07-2015, 03:57
I mean you can do it, all power to you, I just didn't think that the OP knew about the other threads

HurrDurr
04-07-2015, 06:36
I think each unit having 4-5 unique rules is too much bloating, Waywatchers I already can't remember all of them. Rending, get an extra shot, harder to shoot at in cover or around it, some other crap I can't remember. Some archer unit got a +1 to hit if it has 10+ models or something, was a cool way to incentivize people not to spam 1 model units. Overall the bloat is too much, 8th ruleset is simpler imo.

Neckutter
05-07-2015, 01:42
They made AoS to "prove" they are a miniatures company. The rules don't make sense, there is no clarity. There is too much LARPing.

Not buying.

Col. Tartleton
05-07-2015, 02:00
What we needed was something where we could worry less about what the unit was and more about how we positioned it. Heavy Cavalry is generally Heavy Cavalry. Dragon Princes are a little faster. Knightly Orders have better armor saves. Chaos Knights hit harder. Knights of the Realm are pretty much good at everything but they have to compensate for weaknesses in other units. Dwarf Hammerers have to walk... Boar Boys are genuinely retarded. etc. But what matters is that they are positioned correctly where they can get the devastating charge into a flank that will break a key enemy unit and create a hole that your steadfast ranked infantry can exploit while your light cavalry pursue routing units. You know, tactics, like in a historical battle. But then occasionally a Dragon swoops down and you have to panic throw fireballs at it before it eats your general. Because it's fantasy and that's the kind of thing a fantasy commander should be cautious about.

Bright Wizards. They just might save your life. *

*Not responsible for damage to property or injuries up to and including death.

Khaines Wrath
05-07-2015, 02:56
Just been looking through the war scrolls and Ive 2 minds.

1. Awesome, just about every unit is now a viable choice. Sone better than others but theres some great potential for any themed army you could think of.

2. This is the death of competitive play which will unfortunately kill my remaining circle of players who already despise this system. Understandably of course, this isnt what they signed up for.

Drothar
05-07-2015, 03:41
I kinda agree about the rules bloat. Zombies have 10 special rules. Their entry length alone is about 25% of the length of the main rule set!

and I though 8th has some rules bloat....