PDA

View Full Version : is GW insane?

costa
04-07-2015, 11:05
Hi everybody! sorry for my english im from italy and i'm not sure if the title is correct, i just want to know if does gw do drugs or what else

AOS is .... strange, i mean for now

we do not know how to build an army
we need to have big mustache or to yell to have bonuses

the cool thing is a LOT of bonus and combo, but useless with this rules, so for now i vte this is not the full rulebook, it is clearly a sort of joke waiting for the real one

Drakkar du Chaos
04-07-2015, 11:39
Just look at the new paint... almost 5€ for this little thing :

http://www.games-workshop.com/fr-FR/retributor-armour-base

Yes they are clearly out of their mind.
Atm i have a 50€ reduction at my LGS so i am going to use it to grab the last thing i have ordered and then im out.

Nightfall Shimmer
04-07-2015, 11:44
We do know how to build an Army. It's actually quite simple. You buy some models, glue them together and paint them.

You do know you're not FORCED to take those non-canon special characters, right? (They died in The End Times.)

The GW Design Team are mad AND both!

The game is obviously designed to be played between friends with a heavily narrative slant to the game.

One of the first things me and my friends are probably going to do is a recreation of the 7 samurai. My hordes of Skaven Clanrats vs a bunch of Heros in a village...

Or we could refight the Battle of Karaz-a-Karrak! I bring my collection, my mate dave brings Thorgrimm, some Hammerers and 1/3 my army. I win if I kill everything, he wins if he kills Queek Headtaker

Or... well, you get the idea.

This game is now limited only by you and your friends imaginations.

If your having trouble with that... this may be the wrong hobby for you!

totgeboren
04-07-2015, 11:52
Not having played WHFB in about 10 years, these new rules look pretty fun to me. I'm getting a bit annoyed with w40k and the super-bad balance of late, not to mention rules bloat that makes games take forever to play, so the new fantasy rules does look like something I would enjoy.

MiyamatoMusashi
04-07-2015, 11:54
One of the first things me and my friends are probably going to do is a recreation of the 7 samurai. My hordes of Skaven Clanrats vs a bunch of Heros in a village...

Or we could refight the Battle of Karaz-a-Karrak! I bring my collection, my mate dave brings Thorgrimm, some Hammerers and 1/3 my army. I win if I kill everything, he wins if he kills Queek Headtaker

You could always have done that if you want to. Always.

You now can't have pick-up games, competitive games or tournament games. Not with these rules.

Chiron
04-07-2015, 11:55
Not having played WHFB in about 10 years, these new rules look pretty fun to me. I'm getting a bit annoyed with w40k and the super-bad balance of late, not to mention rules bloat that makes games take forever to play, so the new fantasy rules does look like something I would enjoy.

Do you have a large moustache?

costa
04-07-2015, 12:00
Do you have a large moustache?

This made my day

Nightfall Shimmer
04-07-2015, 12:00
You now can't have pick-up games, competitive games or tournament games. Not with these rules.

Exactly! Best thing GW have done! Tournaments foster a very toxic community. Getting rid of them is the best move.

TheFang
04-07-2015, 12:08

Clearly you are a Games Workshop employee.

Thirty years of Warhammer simply spat on. "You can use your old armies" if you're happy to act as if you are twelve with a set of rules that have nothing to recommend them.

Ulke
04-07-2015, 12:15
We do know how to build an Army. It's actually quite simple. You buy some models, glue them together and paint them.

You do know you're not FORCED to take those non-canon special characters, right? (They died in The End Times.)

The GW Design Team are mad AND both!

The game is obviously designed to be played between friends with a heavily narrative slant to the game.

You could do exactly the same with previous edition.

Borri
04-07-2015, 12:16
Exactly! Best thing GW have done! Tournaments foster a very toxic community. Getting rid of them is the best move.
I'm a casual player - haven't played a tournament in years. This is a complete disaster and this company is insane.

You have got to be a GW employee because no one else with a grasp on the hobby would pretend to have the opinions you do.

Whirlwind
04-07-2015, 12:17

They do? What makes you say this. Usually you get people that want to play the game in the same room and most have loads of laughs. Yes there are a small minority that want to win at all costs but you can see them a mile off.

Nightfall Shimmer
04-07-2015, 12:17
Clearly you are a Games Workshop employee.

Thirty years of Warhammer simply spat on. "You can use your old armies" if you're happy to act as if you are twelve with a set of rules that have nothing to recommend them.

I used to work at HQ once yes, but that was a long time ago.

But no. I see the lines between wargame and roleplaying game blurring with this release.

Back in 6th Edition, me and my friends used Warhammer 6th Rules and Army books to play in a world and lore of our own creation. It was a lot of fun. Nothing stopping you playing Age of Sigmar in the End Times either. Or 8th with the new fluff... or ditch GWs entirely and play in 'Mantica' using your [whatever warhammer minis you have] using Kings of War.

I don't know about you but I was HAPPY back when I was 12. Recreating some of that might be fun you know.

Nightfall Shimmer
04-07-2015, 12:20
You could do exactly the same with previous edition.

I could. Except no-one in my gaming group played 8th. Because it was (In my groups collected opinion) terrible. I think I mentioned that before in a thread or several.

Me and my friends like Age of Sigmar for the very same reasons a lot of you dislike it. It shouldn't be surprising to you that people have different tastes, otherwise there wouldn't have been so many different armies out there. Everyone would play Ultramarines for example, or Warriors of Chaos...

Wintermute
04-07-2015, 12:25
Yet another AoS thread with the same question to which the answer is, No there is no rule book.

Thread Closed