PDA

View Full Version : GMG Video Battle Report - Warhammer: Age of Sigmar - Ogor vs. Slaves to Darkness!

InsertUsername
04-07-2015, 16:14
Owen and I pull a late-nighter to bring you my first Age of Sigmar Battle Report on pre-order day!
A few mistakes were made in this first-ever-game, primarily an error in deployment. It would simply have delayed combat a turn though, so no big deal.
Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zw_63NZ0D0

DinDon
04-07-2015, 16:48
It looks fun to me!although a bit chaotic but as they said, they decided to use many models.

Whirlwind
04-07-2015, 18:56
There CW player seems to have put another tube video later on of the same game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYoNhQevx08

I feel sorry for him. He sounds like he is really resigned, may be even devastated as to the direction of the game.

It's the last part that really sums up his views "[sigh...] Sucks man" I can sympathise.

Dungeon_Lawyer
05-07-2015, 21:21
I feel sorry for him. He sounds like he is really resigned, may be even devastated as to the direction of the game. It's the last part that really sums up his views "[sigh...] Sucks man" I can sympathise.

Yeah, I picked up on that too. Oh well, when one door closes new ones open. So Fantasy is dead, ok, new hobbies to discover. Here's wishing GW the best of luck with their new product.

forseer of fates
05-07-2015, 23:02
The chaos guy looks so sad and disheartened at the end:( like someone's ripped the soul out of the game.

grumbaki
06-07-2015, 07:59
That...was so very very boring. A very well done report, but wtf? No manouvering. No tactics. Just walk up, like in, and roll 4+/3+/5+ until the dice bleed.

Warhammer is dead. Very sad.

ColoradoJinx
07-07-2015, 06:11
I think ogres taking advantage of the sudden death highlights the problem with the rule. I can't even figure out how I'm going to deploy my Skaven without being subject to sudden death all the time, unless I take only single models like Thanquol, Screaming Bells, Verminlord, and Hell Pit Abominations. I guess I could take the Verminking and try to use Dreaded 13th to build my army for me.

Whirlwind
07-07-2015, 16:56
I think ogres taking advantage of the sudden death highlights the problem with the rule. I can't even figure out how I'm going to deploy my Skaven without being subject to sudden death all the time, unless I take only single models like Thanquol, Screaming Bells, Verminlord, and Hell Pit Abominations. I guess I could take the Verminking and try to use Dreaded 13th to build my army for me.

Sudden death is just broken. You can't play a horde army against an elite army without giving them this advantage. And if you are in a sudden death situation you may as well go the whole hog. There's no difference in being 1 model over the threshold than there is 100 models over the threshold.