PDA

View Full Version : Now that Warhammer is over...

Mr Zoat
04-07-2015, 20:38
Which of the various editions do you think had the best rule set?

I don't work for Paizo.

Ramius4
04-07-2015, 20:38
8th.

Words.

Drakkar du Chaos
04-07-2015, 21:02
In France we play Blackhammer (mix between 6th-7th-8th) and of course 8th. Blackhammer is still WIP but the single fact magic cannot wipe everything make it more enjoyable than 8th IMO. And cavalry is playable. And the magic objects are powerful. And marauders are a solid alternative to warriors. But its WIP so its not perfect. Dont care if older edition are better but the fact nobody play them is a good indicator.

So Blackhammer & 8th for me.

dark devil
04-07-2015, 21:07
I haven't played recently so i speak from ignorance here but isn't 8th what drove alot of people away?

Drakkar du Chaos
05-07-2015, 01:58
I haven't played recently so i speak from ignorance here but isn't 8th what drove alot of people away?

IMO i think it was more about the rule steadfast for horde unit. And the price to get these horde unit. So GW avidity drove alot of people away yes.

pointyteeth
05-07-2015, 02:01
Honestly, I've been playing since 3rd edition and 8th was the best edition in my mind. The game was good and the Fantasy community was better than it has ever been.

Noodle!
05-07-2015, 02:11
In France we play Blackhammer (mix between 6th-7th-8th) and of course 8th. Blackhammer is still WIP but the single fact magic cannot wipe everything make it more enjoyable than 8th IMO. And cavalry is playable. And the magic objects are powerful. And marauders are a solid alternative to warriors. But its WIP so its not perfect. Dont care if older edition are better but the fact nobody play them is a good indicator.

So Blackhammer & 8th for me.

Where are these rules? I assume they're not available in english though...

Voss
05-07-2015, 02:13
Which of the various editions do you think had the best rule set?

I don't work for Paizo.

3rd edition, by far. Every thing since has been a step down. And now they've reached the bottom and are proceeding to wallow in the filth.

Drakkar du Chaos
05-07-2015, 02:17
Where are these rules? I assume they're not available in english though...

http://associationbrumes.forums-actifs.com/t403-livre-de-regles-livres-d-armee

Unfortunately its not in english.

Seriqolm
05-07-2015, 02:20
Wait a minute Warhammer is over? Should I expect a Games Workshop employee at my door soon to take away my stuff? Oh! man that's such a bummer, glad you let me know, thanks.

LGD
05-07-2015, 02:26
Wait a minute Warhammer is over? Should I expect a Games Workshop employee at my door soon to take away my stuff? Oh! man that's such a bummer, glad you let me know, thanks.

No, but they're clearly not producing anything more for 8th edition, they literally had a long running event to mark the end of the game line, and there is no 9th edition coming because it got Sigmared. It's a completely appropriate time to do a retrospective on the various iterations of the rules.

Also this point is always silly, because while you can keep playing whatever with your friends the end of a gameline generally stops any substantial influx of new players and makes it harder and harder to find a game outside a small circle of friends as time goes on. I may love the **** out of L5R Clan War, but most people don't know it ever existed and I'd find it basically impossible to get a group of people to play it with me (unless I literally owned all the materials).

Sexiest_hero
05-07-2015, 03:17
8th. If people tried 1/100 as hard to fix the small issues of 8th as they are doing AoS, we'd be in heaven.

scruffyryan
05-07-2015, 03:26
8th
Magic resistance providing its saves vs the no-save spells, and flanking +engaged on 2 sides removing steadfast fixes...almost every problem in 8th edition.

Give skaven, brets, and beastmen a new rulebook and the edition is complete. Which is why the blew it up.

Col. Tartleton
05-07-2015, 03:29
8th was fine before end times. All we needed were the aforementioned army books.

Kakapo42
05-07-2015, 04:41
For army books? 6th. Maybe early 7th too.

For core rules? Undecided, but either 8th, 7th or 6th.

scruffyryan
05-07-2015, 04:44
8th was fine before end times. All we needed were the aforementioned army books.

Even then, some of end times had some legs, the local beastman player said that all his army REALLY needed was the access to chaos marks that End times brought, it was a decent unofficial beastmen book.

Arduhn
05-07-2015, 04:55
Been playing since 5th. 8th is my favourite. It's about 95% perfect for me.