PDA

View Full Version : How do you build and army or decide a realm?

Midevil216
04-07-2015, 20:12
Is it me or does it not tell you how to make an army or pick a realm? Maybe I am just missing it. Anyone who can help it would be much appreciated.

taurus-marstein
04-07-2015, 20:26
You and your opponent agree on a realm. For instance: "hey man let's play realm of fire, dude".

If you disagree, roll off for a realm.

There are NO ARMY LISTS in AoS. You literally bring your whole collection and take turns deploying units till you feel like stopping. That's it.

Midevil216
04-07-2015, 20:31
But what are the seven Mortal Realms? I don't see them listed anywhere.

HammerofThunor
04-07-2015, 20:36
I've been told a book is going out that gives detail to the new races and realms. It'll probably be like a campaign book. Current, you choose a realm but it doesn't do anything. I'm hoping the races a mixed through the realms so you can do a Ghur based army with (for example) savage orruks, wood aelves, Beastmen, or at least their equivalent. Same for Ulgu.

Midevil216
04-07-2015, 20:37
Ok cool, Thank you.

Voss
04-07-2015, 20:39
But what are the seven Mortal Realms? I don't see them listed anywhere.

Basically all the winds of magic except heavens are now 'mortal realms.'
Playing in a different realm... doesn't matter at this point.

HammerofThunor
04-07-2015, 20:47
Just to be clear, all I was told (by local GW store guy) was a book would be coming out that gave detail to the realms and races. Whether it was a fluff book, with or without rules, I have no idea. I would guess it's similar to the one that's supposed to be in the box set. Fluff, scenarios, war scrolls, etc.

Spiney Norman
04-07-2015, 20:53
Basically all the winds of magic except heavens are now 'mortal realms.'
Playing in a different realm... doesn't matter at this point.

Well you say that, clearly it will make a difference, the realm of life is going to have more rivers and trees while the realm of fire will probably have more volcanoes and the realm of death presumably has more... gardens of Morr (?)

I'd say looking at the terrain you have available is the easiest way to decide which realm you play in, in terms of rules, nah it doesn't matter particularly yet, though I expect that to change as they start to expand the game.

Voss
04-07-2015, 20:58
Well you say that, clearly it will make a difference, the realm of life is going to have more rivers and trees while the realm of fire will probably have more volcanoes
Great. And looking at the rules, it still doesn't matter. Except you're more likely to get cover from rivers, since you can claim to be 'within' them, unlike volcanoes or trees.
The effect of terrain on this game is virtually nil.