PDA

View Full Version : Bringing Structure to AoS

SanDiegoSurrealist
05-07-2015, 10:36
Age of Sigmar Point Structure

The starting total army may not contain more than 25% of the total wound count containing the Keywords Hero/Monster.
Must contain at least 1 unit with the Hero Keyword, this is your Army general.

I think it maybe that simple to apply a baseline starting point.

Thoughts?(And please keep it positive, we have heard all the hate now lets try and find a way to move forward)

speshul dwarf
05-07-2015, 13:03
Personally I think all the game needs to be balanced is for the amount of starting models affecting victory percentages and if a player gets sudden death to be switched out for starting wounds. Everything's wounds roughly correlate to the amount of damage it can put out and/or abilities it has (one ogre is roughly on par with four dwarfs), and with the way big stuff gets progressively worse the more wounds it takes it almost feels like the game was written like this and changed at the last minute.

Whirlwind
05-07-2015, 13:14
Personally I think all the game needs to be balanced is for the amount of starting models affecting victory percentages and if a player gets sudden death to be switched out for starting wounds. Everything's wounds roughly correlate to the amount of damage it can put out and/or abilities it has (one ogre is roughly on par with four dwarfs), and with the way big stuff gets progressively worse the more wounds it takes it almost feels like the game was written like this and changed at the last minute.

One Ogre is likely to be worth much more than 4 Dwarfs. An Irongut is worth about 10. There is a balancing points discussion going on in the Rules testing forum section that shows just how powerful ogres are. Also check out the battle report by Guerilla something or other. It's not just about wounds 'm afraid its about the damage potential of those wounds and how small the model is for these characteristics. A small model (so less attacks back), high wound, high attack, high damage unit is brutally effective in AoS.