PDA

View Full Version : Victory Guilt.

Angry Scotsman
06-07-2015, 01:39
I recently was in a tournament and I beat someone so badly that he didn't get a turn 2. After the first turn he was visually disgusted and kept saying ''this is why I don't play anymore''. I felt really bad for the guy because I don't want to make anyone feel like that.... trouble is I worked really hard on my list and his did contain a couple of heldrakes and a knight...

Should I have done something else?

AngryAngel
06-07-2015, 01:40
Off the top of my head, probably placed this in the 40k forum.

BattleofLund
06-07-2015, 01:43
I recently was in a tournament and I beat someone so badly that he didn't get a turn 2. After the first turn he was visually disgusted and kept saying ''this is why I don't play anymore''. I felt really bad for the guy because I don't want to make anyone feel like that.... trouble is I worked really hard on my list and his did contain a couple of heldrakes and a knight...

Should I have done something else?

I suspect this is about 40k, right? Where drakes aren't birds (or flying lizardy types) and knights don't ride horses?

Angry Scotsman
06-07-2015, 01:44
Very sorry guys!

Scribe of Khorne
06-07-2015, 01:48
I think anyone in a tournament has been here. I dragged a poor space wolf player through 5 turns after smashing him with Grey Knights in early 6th, and I've been on the receiving end as well.

**** happens.

I just try and make it about more than the game, chat about the weather, whatever.

jet_palero
06-07-2015, 01:50
Its an unfortunate result of the game not being very well balanced. And its absolutely 100% GW's fault. In a friendly game, would you have taken a different list? It might have been worth offering to play with the guy again some other time, with friendlier fluffier lists.

Some people go to tournaments because they want a competitive game scene, they want to be challenged and to win! Others go because its the only place they know they can get a game in. Sounds like this guy was the second kind of person.