PDA

View Full Version : AMA concerning the AoS Starter Set

Thorin
06-07-2015, 12:42
So basically I went into my FLGS today to reserve an AoS box for myself as they didn't expect to get too many and 75% had already been reserved for other customers.
Entering the store, what am I seeing? They already have it and they're selling it!
Of course I grabbed one for myself and now I'm here inspecting its contents.

Feel free to ask me anything on the box, miniatures, rules, scenarios, fluff, et cetera!

Cheerio, Lads.

mattjgilbert
06-07-2015, 12:44
It's the usual GW production quality I assume? What's all the new artwork like - a big departure from the grimness of the previous IP I guess?

Avian
06-07-2015, 12:44
Could you take a picture of the Marauders next to the old Marauders (or any other existing miniature)? I'd like to see the scale of them.

Drakkar du Chaos
06-07-2015, 12:47
Could you take a picture of the Marauders next to the old Marauders (or any other existing miniature)? I'd like to see the scale of them.

Yes me too. It will make one more reason to not buy them.

Thorin
06-07-2015, 13:00
It's the usual GW production quality I assume? What's all the new artwork like - a big departure from the grimness of the previous IP I guess?
To be honest, it blows previous GW quality, especially Starter Box quality, out of the water. Part of this is due to the models no longer being Snap-Fit, but instead sometimes split into up to 16 parts, just like the Lord-Celestant.

The artwork is a lot more akin to the ET artwork mixed with 1st edition "Über-Epic" colouring (and sometimes sadly its quality too).

More on the other questions later, I'll be busy scanning and eating something finally :D

Greyshadow
06-07-2015, 13:21
Thanks Thorin, yes the models really are really quite stunningly good. Does the background explain much about the history of the mortal realms?

El_Commi
06-07-2015, 13:28

Not exactly what you asked for, but I took these in my local GW on Saturday. I nabbed the closest model I could find to the table.

Brother Dimetrius
06-07-2015, 14:46
It's really The Emperor launching the Great Crusade isn't it?

Neckutter
18-07-2015, 03:35
It's the 11th primarch,