PDA

View Full Version : Ellyrian Reavers in AOS

Taker of skulls
06-07-2015, 12:05
Are Ellyrian Reavers the best archers in AOS?

They have 2 wounds each, 5+ save and a movement of 14"

They have Bows that can shoot 2 shots standard, but their special rule allows them to shoot 3 times if no enemy is within 3" (and an enemy should never be that close).

They hit on 4+ and wound on 4+.

And they they can make an additional 2D6 move before or after they shoot (as long as no emeny within 3" before they move, and cannot end their move within 3" of an enemy.

So a unit of 10 can move 14" towards you, unload 30 arrows and then flee 2D6. Hitting on 4+ and Wounding on 4+.

Also if you have a Prince on Horse within 16" of them during the Hero Phase (before all the runing and shooting they can re-roll their to hit rolls for that trun with his Might of the Asur command ability...... But that would be cheesy.

What do you think? Best archers in the game now?

Would these become the Core Core units for a HE list?

cheers

ToS

swordofglass
06-07-2015, 12:28
Are Ellyrian Reavers the best archers in AOS?

They have 2 wounds each, 5+ save and a movement of 14"

They have Bows that can shoot 2 shots standard, but their special rule allows them to shoot 3 times if no enemy is within 3" (and an enemy should never be that close).

They hit on 4+ and wound on 4+.

And they they can make an additional 2D6 move before or after they shoot (as long as no emeny within 3" before they move, and cannot end their move within 3" of an enemy.

So a unit of 10 can move 14" towards you, unload 30 arrows and then flee 2D6. Hitting on 4+ and Wounding on 4+.

Also if you have a Prince on Horse within 16" of them during the Hero Phase (before all the runing and shooting they can re-roll their to hit rolls for that trun with his Might of the Asur command ability...... But that would be cheesy.

What do you think? Best archers in the game now?

Would these become the Core Core units for a HE list?

cheers

ToS

20 Archers outperform an Ellyrian Reaver, for the same points cost.

Taker of skulls
06-07-2015, 12:45
Talking about AOS not WHFB.8

No points cost...

Coyote81
06-07-2015, 12:46

Sure, but mobility and survival mean a lot imo. I agree with the OP, my eye opened and jaw dropped when I saw what the Reavers could do.

Taker of skulls
06-07-2015, 12:53

Also i think my 60 shots for 20 models trumps your 20 shots for 20 models.... and yours have only 1 wound each.

10 Reavers have the same amount of wounds, a better save and 10 more shots than a unit of 20 bowmen.

3eland
06-07-2015, 14:12
I played against 2 units of 5 Reavers yesterday. They performed very well. However with no rend you still get your normal save so you want to target something you can gimp like a monster or an elite unit. 15 shots per unit, hitting on a 4 so roughly 8 hit and wounding on a 4 so roughly 4 wound. Then after saves you might get 2 wounds through. Not that impressive.

He used both units to shoot at my Daemonette Seekers who were in a forest (which in turn granted them a cover save) and he only downed 1 out of 30 shots.

I was eventually able to catch them (mostly since Seekers can get off a turn 1 charge so have the mobility to catch them).

Still, the constant poke really helped him. Just choose targets wisely.

The mobility definitely gives you an advantage.

dhallnet
06-07-2015, 23:35
Also i think my 60 shots for 20 models trumps your 20 shots for 20 models.... and yours have only 1 wound each.

10 Reavers have the same amount of wounds, a better save and 10 more shots than a unit of 20 bowmen.

Maybe you got it the first time but without army comp rules, nothing can be better than anything. Some dudes have 3 shots, some others have only one and that's it.
Deploy your ten reavers and then watch your opponent put 10 "whatever you think is totally op" on the table for the same "cost".