PDA

View Full Version : Which chapter to do?

peterjameslewis711
06-07-2015, 15:36
Ok, so iv found myself with 30 mk2 armour marines,2 contemptors, 20 scouts and 4 land speeder storms, 3 thunderfire cannons and no real idea on which chapter to do them as....
Preferably id like to use them as a 30k and a 40k army but all of the same chapter, is there a founding chapter which would use these things apart from smurfs?
Any help is greatful :D

Navar
06-07-2015, 16:50
I know a bit about the Horus Heresy stuff, and this may seem like a really odd choice, but how about White Scars?

The 20 scouts and 4 Land Speeders seems like a good fit, and then, if/when you choose to expand you can pick up bikes.

Mark 2 armour would fit thematically because they could be a group that have been out on the celestial frontier on campaign for decades, and haven't been resupplied.

I have a harder time fitting it in at 40k, but I know less about 40k lore.

peterjameslewis711
06-07-2015, 17:38
Thats a thought, white could be fun to paint, i have a celestial lions army for 40k and wanted something "normal" for 30k....
Would iron warriors/iron hands/imperial fits have scouts?

Navar
06-07-2015, 19:15
I can't imagine Iron Warriors or Iron Hands with scouts. I imagine that they train their warriors until they are "perfect" before sending them into battle.

I think the same would be true about Emperor's Children as well though they might see putting scouts into battle as a "trial by combat" or something.

I don't know about Imperial Fists, I don't know much about their fluff.

With that said I also don't see the Iron Warriors or Iron Hands being big on Land Speeders. In 30k Iron Hands in particular have restrictions on exactly what you can field that (IIRC) limits their ability to field vehicles like Land Speeders.

ImhotepMagi
07-07-2015, 00:37
You wouldn't be able to use the Thunderfires, but Consecrators have a ton of old school tech. They are a Dark Angels successor.

peterjameslewis711
07-07-2015, 15:07
Think im going to go with iron hands, after looking at the suppliment gw made they have a 10th comapny for scouts so thats enough of a reason for me :) Thanks folks :)