PDA

View Full Version : Simultaneous combat attacks?

Greyfire
06-07-2015, 16:12
Apologies if this has been asked and answered, and it seems obvious at first read, but one of the battle reports indicated that combat between units is simultaneous. It seemed to be saying that models being removed were allowed to strike back before being removed from combat. That's not my understanding from reading the rules.

So are models removed as casualties allowed to strike back before being moved to the honoured dead pile?

thesoundofmusica
06-07-2015, 16:42
No they are not allowed to strike back. They are just dead. Its kind of important to pick the right fight order of units.

Greyfire
06-07-2015, 16:42
Thanks! That was my understanding as well.

babyberg31
07-07-2015, 05:45
So you can attack with unit X in said melee fight and then, your opponent choose to fight with unit Y in a completely different fight right? And the wheel goes on and on for all units. Is that correct?

This would mean that multiple combat in massive units is not that good! Thanky guys will be able to hold off bigger units until you can charge with something worthy and be sure to strike first with them.

Interesting....

T10
12-07-2015, 12:07
I've not played AoS, but back in the late 90's when Warzone was all the rage around here, the alternating unit activation system made for some interesting decisions. Do you activate the vulnerable unit first so that you at least get a few shots off before it is wiped, or the big strong unit to bring significant force to bear? You have to weigh immediate gains vs. long term gains, and seeing those decisions pay off is quite rewarding :)

-T10

Greyfire
12-07-2015, 16:01
That's exactly what we found yesterday in our game of Lizardmen vs Dark Elves. Wasn't a bad game at all, just not what we're used to.

SimaoSegunda
12-07-2015, 16:59
Just a note to the OP, the "chaos warrior" unit in the starter set has a rule that if models from that unit are killed in combat, they get to pile in and attack before they are removed, is it possible that that is what you saw?