PDA

View Full Version : Scenarios for Age of Sigmar

tw1386
06-07-2015, 17:30
From all the battle reports I have seen people seem to just do silly things, like run up the middle of the table and just bash face, or charge a lone hero into something it can't kill then proclaim this game is dead there is no tactics etc... I'm a little mind boggled at the lack of tactics being used to try and gain the advantage. Granted, I understand that its only been out a few days and people are just doing this because they don't know what else to do.

With that said, I have a strong feeling that this game is meant to be entirely scenario driven, much akin to 40k is now, instead of just kill kill kill, as if the games are too large (too high of a model count) the game is just boring as hell. Objectives and scenarios are really needed to spice it up, and give it the tactical depth it probably needs. In the meantime, I suggest trying to use the 40k scenarios that are availabe (obviously not using the ones that just don't work).

What are y'alls thoughts?

HelloKitty
06-07-2015, 17:35
I think you are exactly right. The game is indeed all about scenarios and the scenery.

Nightfall Shimmer
06-07-2015, 18:21
It sounds made for such games as 'Defend this Beerkeg Cart as it crosses the board with your Dwarves while the Orcs and Gobbos try and destroy it!' sort of thing.