PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm changing my mind on who's next to be updated

Herkamer63
06-07-2015, 20:47
With all AoS being all the rage (whether joyfully for or POed at it), let's switch gears now back to 40k for a little bit. Before, I thought Chaos will be next (they were the 1st 6th ed codex so it's only fair to give them the update), but I'm now changing my opinion on that. If anyone hasn't checked it out, Forge World has a new batch of models on the way. The one, I think, that has many people talking is the new SHW Tau battlesuit. This guy's pretty big, for battlesuit standards. It has 3 ion cannons on each arm, 4 burst cannons, 2 smart missile systems, and what looks like 3 rail cannons on its shoulders. Looks like they took the concept of Robotech's Monster and Gundam Wing's Heavy Arms, and mixed them together. All I can say is this: Haters are gonna hate, and I love it. I can't wait for the rules to come out on this beast.

Now, how does this relate to the topic? Well, normally when FW puts out stuff like this, from what I notice, it indicates that a new codex is coming out alongside it. Look at Guilleman and the SM codex. Pretty close to being released around the same time frame. Look at the new Bloodthirster when regular WFB was still around and Khorne Daemonkin was right on its tail. I will bet, since FW and GW have agreements with one and other, we'll see a near future Tau release. Could I be wrong about this? Absolutely. I honestly believe CSM need an update more, but I won't complain if Tau come out before they do. Tau was my 1st army I've played, so seeing how far they've is really impressive. We'll see what the future holds. Thoughts on if Tau will be next or not?

MagicHat
06-07-2015, 23:36
The upcoming Mechanicus book for 30K will have the Knight list as well. The new knight variants wont show up, because FW had no idea GW was producing them.
It have happened before as well, FW releases something, then GW comes with something that invalidates it shortly after, so far as I can tell, GW doesn't really cooperate with FW at all.

In summary, FW will release the suit, then GW will release the codex, completely messing up the rules the suit has.
Aren't there rumours already that Tau is the next 40K release anyway though?

Saunders
07-07-2015, 03:14
Tau has been getting big battlesuits on and off for the past couple years. They got at least one Riptide variant. Eldar, on the other hand, got a codex update a month ago and are languishing without updates for their forgeworld stuff. The same for necrons earlier this year.

I wouldn't take Forgeworld's releases as any indication of what Games Workshop will be doing.

Mawduce
07-07-2015, 03:48
With all AoS being all the rage (whether joyfully for or POed at it), let's switch gears now back to 40k for a little bit. Before, I thought Chaos will be next (they were the 1st 6th ed codex so it's only fair to give them the update), but I'm now changing my opinion on that. If anyone hasn't checked it out, Forge World has a new batch of models on the way. The one, I think, that has many people talking is the new SHW Tau battlesuit. This guy's pretty big, for battlesuit standards. It has 3 ion cannons on each arm, 4 burst cannons, 2 smart missile systems, and what looks like 3 rail cannons on its shoulders. Looks like they took the concept of Robotech's Monster and Gundam Wing's Heavy Arms, and mixed them together. All I can say is this: Haters are gonna hate, and I love it. I can't wait for the rules to come out on this beast.

Now, how does this relate to the topic? Well, normally when FW puts out stuff like this, from what I notice, it indicates that a new codex is coming out alongside it. Look at Guilleman and the SM codex. Pretty close to being released around the same time frame. Look at the new Bloodthirster when regular WFB was still around and Khorne Daemonkin was right on its tail. I will bet, since FW and GW have agreements with one and other, we'll see a near future Tau release. Could I be wrong about this? Absolutely. I honestly believe CSM need an update more, but I won't complain if Tau come out before they do. Tau was my 1st army I've played, so seeing how far they've is really impressive. We'll see what the future holds. Thoughts on if Tau will be next or not?

Tau have been rumored to be in the next box set for 40k in 3 months.

Darnok
07-07-2015, 05:47
Tau have been rumored to be in the next box set for 40k in 3 months.

Indeed, and they are.

Lord Damocles
07-07-2015, 07:23
If Forgeworld was coordinating releases with GW proper, they'd have had AoS rules for their models ready to go when the game was released...

murgel2006
07-07-2015, 07:32
My money is on Tau as well.
With 40k being in the shooty line primarily for the current edition AND the tau waiting for some new designs I think they will be next.
I really hope for CSM after that with the same reasoning. It would be nice however if CSM were next.

Darnok
07-07-2015, 07:33
If Forgeworld was coordinating releases with GW proper, they'd have had AoS rules for their models ready to go when the game was released...

They have only a rough coordination, that's true. And FW not being fully informed about AoS is a real :wtf: moment.

Greavous
07-07-2015, 08:13
i do hope the tau get a new one and where is this big tau suit at? cant see it on FW

next up should be adeptus soritas (sisters of battle) as far as i know theyre still on 4th ed

MajorWesJanson
07-07-2015, 08:26
I'm going with the rumored RG vs Tau box as well. A new battle box would let them bring people back to 40K after a few months of AoS. A campaign to feed into a new Tau book over a month or so, and then onto the next codex. Maybe then Tzeentch Daemonkin before or after if they come out with the Lord of Change as part of a AoS release.

Greavous
07-07-2015, 09:50
I'm going with the rumored RG vs Tau box as well. A new battle box would let them bring people back to 40K after a few months of AoS. A campaign to feed into a new Tau book over a month or so, and then onto the next codex. Maybe then Tzeentch Daemonkin before or after if they come out with the Lord of Change as part of a AoS release.

for what its worth my local retailers GW rep has told him there will be a tau vs ??? box set coming out, but we know how reliable they can be, but he has put 10 pre-orders in for it so there msut be something coming out.

WarsmithGarathor94
07-07-2015, 12:17
Heres hoping for.once khorne.wont.be worse than tzeench

Vector Strike
07-07-2015, 13:45
Lords of Wargaming hinted that Tau are next. They got a nice rumour track, so I'd say it's pretty believable.
Expect it by October/November.

The new FW Tau Titan won't come out until 2016, with IA 14

Wesser
07-07-2015, 14:07
Again with the Tau? I think our resident Tau player managed 10 games with the current book... jeez