PDA

View Full Version : The Great eBay Warhammer Fantasy Exodus

Pojko
06-07-2015, 21:27
With Age of Sigmar we can expect to see a lot of people putting their Fantasy units, armies or even entire collections on eBay. With this flood of miniatures, and a lack of market desire for them, they should go cheap. Come here and brag about your steals when it comes auctions you've won!

For me I just got...

12 Chaos Warriors
5 sixth edition Chaos Knights
1 Hellcannon
1 Spawn
10 Horrors
5 Screamers
2 old Tzeentch Sorcerers

Mostly bare metal or primed black. Cost: $32

Groza
06-07-2015, 21:43
no freaking way

Shandor
06-07-2015, 22:30
I wanted to buy alot of stuff. Wardancers, Treeman, Eagles, Darkelf On Pegasus, Mage on Steed (Dark Elf) and alot more on Ebay.

Darkelfs on Pegasus and Heroes/Kommanders on Steed arent even usabale anymore.

I had luck i did call the Person and could cancel the deal. I already won the Auction but i have no need for that stuff anymore. I dont know if i find a Group playing the 8th Edition. Or if i even want to continue playing Warhammer at all. AoS somehow killed my favorite hobby for me.

Kyriakin
06-07-2015, 22:35
Be happy to get a deal. However, it might be bad form to "brag".

Urgat
06-07-2015, 22:45
Why not? He didn't put a knife under the seller's throat to sell all that at this price. It's nothing like the *** who sold the ET books X-times their original price.

Kyriakin
06-07-2015, 22:50
Why not? He didn't put a knife under the seller's throat to sell all that at this price. It's nothing like the *** who sold the ET books X-times their original price.
Seller had the rug pulled from under him no doubt.

Perhaps lives in away from a big city or doesn't have the fabled "my group will just play 8th".

Urgat
06-07-2015, 22:55
Or perhaps he just ragequit. He didn't wait long to sell his stuff, is all I see, really.

SuperHappyTime
07-07-2015, 00:19
With Age of Sigmar we can expect to see a lot of people putting their Fantasy units, armies or even entire collections on eBay. With this flood of miniatures, and a lack of market desire for them, they should go cheap. Come here and brag about your steals when it comes auctions you've won!

For me I just got...

12 Chaos Warriors
5 sixth edition Chaos Knights
1 Hellcannon
1 Spawn
10 Horrors
5 Screamers
2 old Tzeentch Sorcerers

Mostly bare metal or primed black. Cost: $32

I haven't seen the exodus yet. You crazy!

Coldhatred
07-07-2015, 00:27
I'm not seeing all these great deals people are talking about. Just a lot of people that have an inflated sense of their toy soldiers' worth.

HelloKitty
07-07-2015, 00:30
We had one guy take pictures of his army and say they were going in the burn barrel the next day unless someone came and collected them for whatever price they thought was reasonable.

$800 worth of army. Sold for $15.

Lordcypress
07-07-2015, 00:54
Well I'm not getting that good of deals but I did pick up the following off of Ebay;

Ironblaster for $22 (Canadian) Fully Painted and Based
2 x Warriors of Chaos Chariots $40 total (Canadian) Both Fully Painted and Based

GW sells all of these items on their site for 190$. I saved about 130$ and they are painted too!!

MusingWarboss
07-07-2015, 00:59
We had one guy take pictures of his army and say they were going in the burn barrel the next day unless someone came and collected them for whatever price they thought was reasonable.

He should have burnt them and then posted the photo/video. Would have been more amusing.

Sothron
07-07-2015, 01:16
My wife has already talked me out of the Viking funeral option for my roughly 20,000 points in Dwarf, Vampire Count, Tomb King and Dark Elf armies. I also am not seeing the mass Ebay exodus the OP is talking about.

Gork or Possibly Mork
07-07-2015, 01:17

That's messed up. Could at least have a minimum limit.

Gork or Possibly Mork
07-07-2015, 01:21

To be fair it's not like someone put a knife to the throat of the buyers who bought those ET books X-times their normal price.

MusingWarboss
07-07-2015, 01:48
My wife has already talked me out of the Viking funeral option for my roughly 20,000 points in Dwarf, Vampire Count, Tomb King and Dark Elf armies. I also am not seeing the mass Ebay exodus the OP is talking about.

I suspect many still have affection for their models and will try and see if they can Oldhammer (whatever edition) or are waiting to see what KoW 2nd Edition is like (free rules also) that is if they're not already KoW-ing. Of course some will be using AoS and some will be waiting, waiting, for the GW Advanced AoS rules. If there is a mass dumping of fantasy models it'll be within 6-12 months when all possible options are exhausted and they really don't want them anymore.

Any dumping now will be nerdrage quitters and comp' gamers* who find their stuff surplus to requirements. So realistically, less than 5% of the scene.

*not the Tournament guys, with their full painted armies. They'll be waiting to see what the TO's do in regards to fantasy.

Darkspear
07-07-2015, 04:15
I am also waiting for the cool Ebay deals but have seen nothing.

In fact I have come across poorly painted minis that cost more than those on GW's webstore *facepalm*

I did get some lizardmen, but they were only about 25% less than retail.

Col. Tartleton
07-07-2015, 05:38
Honestly I think the looming OOP will drive prices toward retail.

Urgat
07-07-2015, 06:34
To be fair it's not like someone put a knife to the throat of the buyers who bought those ET books X-times their normal price.
That's not exactly being fair.
Those wanted an unvailable product, at the very least, and if they wanted it they didn't have a choice. The rationnale beyond that "burning 800 USD of minis" is totally lost on me, on the other hand. What was the rush? Did the army burn holes in his shelves? Couln't he put a minimum price?
I see no reason for that.

full_blooded_ork
07-07-2015, 06:37
Haven't noticed them either, but honestly I thought of selling my Brets, they are gone in the fluff, and I don't see them getting any form of update, unless the free people's faction is really interesting to me.

Probably going to keep my orcs though.

Daniel36
07-07-2015, 07:34
I honestly don't see the point in selling off your stuff when you can just happily continue playing 8th. And it's not like the previous years, where I was almost branded a heretic by some for suggesting sticking to an older edition, right now it's hot to play 3rd and many, MANY people have decided to just stick to 8th (me included).

All I can say is, I am looking forward to getting my army book collection finished for cheap. Shame I never bought Triumph and Treachery. I am guessing that book will never go cheap.

Haven't noticed them either, but honestly I thought of selling my Brets, they are gone in the fluff, and I don't see them getting any form of update, unless the free people's faction is really interesting to me.

Probably going to keep my orcs though.
Really? In the End Times, I would not consider them gone, I would consider them a major player. I'd say, play End Times battles. They are enjoyable, and they matter.

full_blooded_ork
07-07-2015, 07:54
I honestly don't see the point in selling off your stuff when you can just happily continue playing 8th. And it's not like the previous years, where I was almost branded a heretic by some for suggesting sticking to an older edition, right now it's hot to play 3rd and many, MANY people have decided to just stick to 8th (me included).

All I can say is, I am looking forward to getting my army book collection finished for cheap. Shame I never bought Triumph and Treachery. I am guessing that book will never go cheap.

Really? In the End Times, I would not consider them gone, I would consider them a major player. I'd say, play End Times battles. They are enjoyable, and they matter.

I would, but even before the age of sigmar release, my local area is dead, there's maybe one other person around. I love their background and fluff and all, but the game has been slowly dying around here for years, 40k is still strong, Fantasy hasn't been.

Ayin
07-07-2015, 08:02
I would, but even before the age of sigmar release, my local area is dead, there's maybe one other person around. I love their background and fluff and all, but the game has been slowly dying around here for years, 40k is still strong, Fantasy hasn't been.

If I was going to sell of my stuff, it would be to play Warmachine with everyone else in my area and group, pretty much all of whom gave up on 40k some time before Fantasy's End Times.

Flipmode
07-07-2015, 08:05
Let's read too much into normal sales, yay!

I also hope to pick up a cheap PS4 if a bad game is released, since the machine will obviously have no further use.