PDA

View Full Version : Age of Myth and Forgeworld

Frostfall
07-07-2015, 05:16
Hi guys, was thinking of the popularity of the Horus heresy over on forgeworlds end, as well as the parallels between AoS and space marines. Do you thinks it's possible we will eventually see a "Age of Myth" line from Forgeworld, this would include famous characters and units from our beloved old world. Personally I find this highly likely, it makes too much sense. A prequel type line has proven successful and the old warhammer world will not be forgotten or supported , as we can see with multiple video games yet to be released set in the old world. I don't see this coming soon, this will be years away. I'd like to hear your opinions on this idea, personally I think it would be great. I understand the need to move on and I think this is the best way to support the old fantasy we love.

Urgat
07-07-2015, 06:48
No. FW's WFB stuff didn't sell too well already, I think we'll see nothing new from them and that's it.

Kyriakin
07-07-2015, 06:51
No. FW's WFB stuff didn't sell too well already, I think we'll see nothing new from them and that's it.
But that was when GW was doing it too. Plus they only had one army, rather than 16.

IMHO, they have a more suitable manufacturing capacity - plus the lack of shareholders - to make such a situation work.

Urgat
07-07-2015, 06:59
More suitable manufacturing capacity? They didn't even make the hobgoblins for the chaos dwarfs because they weren't economicaly viable.

Kyriakin
07-07-2015, 07:07
More suitable manufacturing capacity? They didn't even make the hobgoblins for the chaos dwarfs because they weren't economicaly viable.
Yet they made loads of monsters that, as far as I'm aware, nobody used. Whoever got the license could make to order like the companies in China do. Longer waiting times, but I doubt the demand would be sufficient to start actually carrying huge amounts of stock.

Either way, there is a good way and a bad way that GW could have removed the vets from their main company. So far, they have gone with the latter.

Ayin
07-07-2015, 07:15
Warhammer Forge is going to be one of the most interesting stories of GW when everyone looks back in a few years.

They start off with what is supposed to be a multi-book project, huge, beautiful story books detailing the eventual end of the world which are centered around a few specific unique units and several HUGE monster/character kits, and the whole project get's cancelled, with the conclusion of the only book of the run re-written.

The then switch to a more "mainstream" GW plan, with Monstrous Arcana, an add on to the SURE to be successful GW project of Storm of Magic, which aims to sell big kits that anyone can use in any army in a game made to be more random with silly win conditions. Turns out Storm of Magic isn't quite the astounding success it was supposed to be and just adding the ability to use any of the monster/creature models into any army and getting rid of the balance wasn't well received, so Arcana goes belly up after only producing a few of the ridiculously expensive models, and the whole thing pretty much shuts down.

Kyriakin
07-07-2015, 07:18
Warhammer Forge is going to be one of the most interesting stories of GW when everyone looks back in a few years.

They start off with what is supposed to be a multi-book project, huge, beautiful story books detailing the eventual end of the world which are centered around a few specific unique units and several HUGE monster/character kits, and the whole project get's cancelled, with the conclusion of the only book of the run re-written.

The then switch to a more "mainstream" GW plan, with Monstrous Arcana, an add on to the SURE to be successful GW project of Storm of Magic, which aims to sell big kits that anyone can use in any army in a game made to be more random with silly win conditions. Turns out Storm of Magic isn't quite the astounding success it was supposed to be and just adding the ability to use any of the monster/creature models into any army and getting rid of the balance wasn't well received, so Arcana goes belly up after only producing a few of the ridiculously expensive models, and the whole thing pretty much shuts down.
Then space marines. The End.