PDA

View Full Version : AoS Base conversion options?

Xerkics
07-07-2015, 16:01
Is anyone producing any slot in square to round bases? To save having to damage already based models?

Noodle!
07-07-2015, 17:19
You don't need to rebase, you measure from the model not the base.

Xerkics
08-07-2015, 01:57
I know this but I would like to convert to round bases withouT having to break the models or ruin the basing. If someone was selling a slot in base doe bigger square bases that will be much easier

qqniox
08-07-2015, 03:12
Not sure that square to round bases exists, sorry.
Mantic among others have made round to square insert but never seen the other way around.
Maybe buy some round 32mm bases from GW and either attach them with magnets or glue?

Tzar Boris
08-07-2015, 03:53
25mm round bases just won't do. It has to 32mm, if you're retrofitting them onto 20mm square bases (accurately make a square well for the existing base to fit in). You'd need something approaching 40mm to comfortably "fit" a square base in the profile. Take the diagonal corner to corner measurement of your square base, add a couple mm for clean circles and that's the ideal diameter of the bases you need for retrofitting.

If you really must do it, I'd just rebase them completely. Remove the existing bases. Make sure you have replacements ready. Any other way is gonna be a faff.

Pacman
08-07-2015, 05:36
Don't rebase. AoS is all about concentrated damage output, so keeping units on square 20mm bases and ranked up is a very efficient way to fight. Spears for example have a 2" range. If you keep them on 20mm bases and packed into ranks you shouldn't have any trouble getting three ranks fighting.