PDA

View Full Version : A Simple Age of Sigmar Question

AwesomePizza
07-07-2015, 18:14
Is playing the game worth the time of building, painting, converting and all the other hobby things done to bring your army to tabletop ready?

Groza
07-07-2015, 18:33
Is Age of Sigmar worth
no

words for the word god

SteveW
07-07-2015, 19:54
Do you mean the contents of the box? Or do you mean an army you already have? The first answer is no, those new minis are bad. The second is, your army is already ready.

Philhelm
07-07-2015, 21:18
Do you mean the contents of the box? Or do you mean an army you already have? The first answer is no, those new minis are bad. The second is, your army is already ready.

The OP's point is whether it is worth all the time to assemble and paint a new army in order to play Age of Sigmar. I would vote no, since the game is far too simple in order to justify the time and cost to play. If Age of Sigmar were just another Wizards of the Coast game with pre-painted miniatures, then perhaps that would be another matter.

AwesomePizza
07-07-2015, 21:21
The OP's point is whether it is worth all the time to assemble and paint a new army in order to play Age of Sigmar. I would vote no, since the game is far too simple in order to justify the time and cost to play. If Age of Sigmar were just another Wizards of the Coast game with pre-painted miniatures, then perhaps that would be another matter.

That was pretty much my point. Thanks for articulating it. This takes a lot of work for what Age of Sigmar offers.

Of course it is a poll so maybe someone has a counter.

Philhelm
07-07-2015, 21:33
That was pretty much my point. Thanks for articulating it. This takes a lot of work for what Age of Sigmar offers.

Of course it is a poll so maybe someone has a counter.

The poll doesn't seem to work.

SteveW
08-07-2015, 08:02

Then no, it isn't worth the time. The first barrier is that you cannot really set an end goal because there's no points. If I didn't already have a huge painted bret army I'd never even try the game.

Spiney Norman
08-07-2015, 08:08
Is playing the game worth the time of building, painting, converting and all the other hobby things done to bring your army to tabletop ready?

Kind of an odd question for me because I don't build & paint armies with the aim of playing the game, I play the game with the aim of giving me a way to use/show off/have fun with the armies that I have built and painted. It's the hobby work that is the primary goal for me, not the playing of the game. Whether I like the game is less of a concern than whether I like the models, and that's why I'm putting together a chaos force for AoS.

Also there seems to be a problem with the poll btw.

Spoik
08-07-2015, 16:12
Am I to infer from the question that those things are a chore to be undertaken in order to get a game, as opposed to fun activities in their own right?

Plenty of people just do the "hobby stuff" without bothering with the game at all.

I haven't had the chance to play AoS yet, but my hope (possibly forlorn) is that the possibilities for interesting bespoke warbands and armies and the seeming vastness of the setting will actively encourage creative modelling and converting, as well as developing campaigns and ongoing storylines and all the other fun things that push my nerd buttons.

ChargeAndDie
08-07-2015, 16:31
I'm actually more motivated to assemble and paint models especially those seen as less optimal in 8th ed. Find that most heroes are worth fielding as they can contribute more than the glorified champions they were in 8th ed.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

ChargeAndDie
08-07-2015, 16:32
It also helps that u can have a fun quick game with 30 to 50 wounds. (yes I know wounds isn't the best way but its the easiest thing to agree on now)

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Haravikk
08-07-2015, 17:10
Is asking this about a new game that hasn't even been out for a week and which we haven't seen any other releases for yet, worth your time either?