PDA

View Full Version : For what group would you like a new army for?

Anteater
07-07-2015, 18:33
Simple. What group of 40K armies needs a new one IYO? Imperium, Xenos or Chaos? And please, post ideas if you have them!

WarsmithGarathor94
07-07-2015, 19:07
Chaos
Personally while i.have a feeling they will give us a daemonkin.for each god id rather they scrapped the main csm.book and did each daemonkin.book with supplements for each codex. Then.do a supplement to.the standard marine book for the undivided followers

El Torro
07-07-2015, 20:57
I voted Xenos. Tyranids could really do with some Battle Brothers, enter the Genestealer Cult from stage left. Even Eldar could do with some support from the Exodites. We could even do with a totally new Xenos race. I don't really think 40K needs a radical shift like that but it wouldn't go amiss.

Chaos could do with fleshing out, though I think 3 more Daemonkin books are pretty much inevitable at this stage so didn't vote for them. I think the only thing they're missing from the GW staple is a Chaotic Imperial Guard force, though we're covered by Forgeworld with their Renegades.

There is scope for the Imperium. I'd like to see revamped Sisters, Deathwatch and perhaps Adeptus Arbites. The Adeptus Mechanicus could do with fleshing out though again Forgeworld has this pretty well covered. Still, the Imperium is already well served so I didn't vote for them. Still, a lot of their variety comes from different coloured Space Marines so they're not as varied as their number of armies might at first seem.

MagicHat
07-07-2015, 21:06
I went Xenos. Genestealers or Kroot Mercenaries would be my picks.

Lost and the Damned for third place I guess.

MajorWesJanson
07-07-2015, 21:40
Full codices:
Sisters of Battle
Lost and the Damned
Dark Eldar (their current book is terrible if not used as Eldar delivery service)

Mini-codices:
Kroot Mercs
Deathwatch
Genestealer Cults
Feral Orks

Inquisitor Kallus
07-07-2015, 21:54
Where's all the Exodite love baby?

Formerly Wu
07-07-2015, 22:01
Chaos, specifically Lost and the Damned. I know Forge World has its lists, but there are a lot of classic concepts that don't have proper model support and are far overdue to appear on the tabletop.

Genestealer cults and Tau-aligned mercenary races come in a close second, however.

totgeboren
07-07-2015, 22:53
I can't really think of a new army for Chaos. Daemonkin armies are just copy-paste from CSM and CD, and they can ally as it is so they are not really new armies. I would like a proper codex for the unaligned chaos legions, but again, that is not a new army (since the current codex is supposed to be used to represent them). Currently for 7ed there are 3 official LatD lists, one for 30k and 2 for 40k, so they hardly qualify as a few codex either.
That leaves Dark Mechanicum to be represented, with all their horrible daemon engines.
Otherwise, Chaos Xenos perhaps?

The Imperium have already got so many lists, more feels unnecessary.

So, Xenos. Mercenaries perhaps? Just a list with lots of different aliens? I want Zoats! Already got 6 converted and painted, ready to go!

Okuto
07-07-2015, 23:05
Chaos marines are in need of anything at this point, IA 13 can only do so much.

I think xenos are pretty well covered at this point, my own tau and eldar(CW/DE) are well accounted for thank you(I'd like a new DE codex but that ain't happening anytime soon), now I think CSM need some loving.

jet_palero
07-07-2015, 23:06
I think there's room for a whole new xenos race, if GW could find enough creativity chained up in their basement. And if they don't want to be too creative, then they should do a space lizardmen army, maybe with a cyborg theme. Everyone loves dinosaurs. Their dreadnoughts could be a cyborg tyrannosaurus.

totgeboren
07-07-2015, 23:13
I think there's room for a whole new xenos race, if GW could find enough creativity chained up in their basement. And if they don't want to be too creative, then they should do a space lizardmen army, maybe with a cyborg theme. Everyone loves dinosaurs. Their dreadnoughts could be a cyborg tyrannosaurus.

Dinoriders?

jet_palero
07-07-2015, 23:27
I was more thinking an alliance of dinosaur races, all of them cyborged up to be scifi. More like Tyranids, but without the hive mind. Make them a highly individualistic alliance of similar species. They could rely on small units of tough troops. But use a nice mix of CC and ranged weaponry. It would be important to differentiate them from other races, and make sure they're not just a clone of another army.

Okuto
07-07-2015, 23:44
dinosaurs? You could just make a exodite eldar force with dino allies.....let Forgeworld deal with that

sunborn
08-07-2015, 01:17
There is so much room for xenos races left in the game! With allies being so big in the game these days, the only team that is expected to stay a team of one is Necron*. I would like to see someone try and get allies to that cheerful bunch. However, I doubt they would be bringing my pariahs back, #####.

Beyond the expected (Kroot), the needed (genestealer cult), the profitable (exodites), I would like to see the Enslavers from White Dwarf APR-2004. The Hrud could also come out to play.

*Edited: I forgot Orks, but they need a feral orks codex.

Greavous
08-07-2015, 11:13
1. new sisters codex
2. new tau codex
3. new codex/supplement for the extra chaos god (forgotten his name)

the imperium jsut needs updating really they have enough variety across all the different chapters and regiments
xenos have enough races to cover anyones tastes and many suplements aswell
chaos i think more feel small than are small as they only have 2 codicies but they do have alot of variety.

sunborn
08-07-2015, 12:33
1. new sisters codex
2. new tau codex
3. new codex/supplement for the extra chaos god (forgotten his name)

The question was new army. The sisters unquestionably need a new codex, and Tau has one coming. Chaos will be getting one dex for each of the gods. If they leave a blanket csm one, or a blanket undivided (undecided), that is at least 5 dexes. I would like to see sixth in the form of minor chaos gods. However, there is lots of room for renegades, lost and the damned. It is just that Gee-dub will only pick the ones that will sell the best first.

gwarsh41
08-07-2015, 13:54
This isn't about new codex, its about new army. 100% fresh army idea. Imperium just got admech dudes and knights, xenos hasn't had any new ideas since Tau, but Chaos haven't had anything new since Daemons. Daemonkin is technically a new army, but with no new units, it could have easily been a pamphlet style supplement.

theexodite
09-07-2015, 00:47
EXODITES...:eek:
Duh Because... Well... Logic.:shifty:
-The exodite

All Cing Eye
09-07-2015, 02:04
Xenos for sure. For a Sci-Fi setting there are far too many human/superhuman based armies. Even the Xenos based armies have humanoid form (except Tyranids).

I'd like to see:

Kroot Mercs
Q'Orl
Rak Gol

clodax
09-07-2015, 04:34
I think chaos version of mechanicus would be really cool.

Okuto
09-07-2015, 04:35
Rak Gol

This... +9000

the rak gol are pure awesome sauce but I doubt GW would use them, purely cause FFG thought of it first...

Mawduce
09-07-2015, 08:01
1. Beastmen
2. Felinids
3. Saharduin
4. SQUATS!
5. Afriel Strain
6. Space Skaven

I'd love to see some Xeno love from GW.

7. Give the IG their unique regiments back with the Tanith and Death Korp in there to boot.
8. Dark Mechanicus
9. Sisters of Silence
10. Adeptus Sororitas and Dark Eldar (update and fix these)

MajorWesJanson
09-07-2015, 10:50
7. Give the IG their unique regiments back with the Tanith and Death Korp in there to boot.

Kit-wise, Tanith could be done with a single box (2 each sniper rifle and flamer, and a missile launcher, mix of say 7 male 3 female troops) and a clampack for gaunt.
Death Korp can all just die. It's what they are good at. Add Elysians instead.

Mawduce
09-07-2015, 20:37
Kit-wise, Tanith could be done with a single box (2 each sniper rifle and flamer, and a missile launcher, mix of say 7 male 3 female troops) and a clampack for gaunt.
Death Korp can all just die. It's what they are good at. Add Elysians instead.

The Elysians behave like special forces of other regiments. Like the 101st and the 82nd airborne. The Death Korp of Krieg behaves like a unique regiment as a whole. Plus their fluff is just amazingly grim dark. It fits the setting 40k is trying to make.

EDIT: I'm speaking from a rules or codex stand point, not kit wise. Kit wise you can convert anything with greenstuff. Hell you can even make squats and beastmen IG if you really wanted.

magicallypuzzled
10-07-2015, 00:33
i would love to see an tau auxiliaries codex with a similar relationship to the tau empire as the imperial guardsman and space marines have with each other.

Bloodknight
10-07-2015, 00:45
Xenos. Anything but cat- or dragonpeople.

Mawduce
10-07-2015, 20:55
Xenos. Anything but cat- or dragonpeople.

idk, people love cat people. I KNOW, craaaab people, craaaab people...

09philj
10-07-2015, 22:47
I don't think we'll ever get a new race like Tau again; all the basic archetypes have basically been covered at this point. I did, though, have an vague idea for a loose fleet of intergalactic traders, mercenaries, and pirates, of various species who've joined over the years. They're technology would be a mixture of jury rigged (but advanced) homemade tech and salvaged archeotech.

Mawduce
11-07-2015, 09:51
I don't think we'll ever get a new race like Tau again; all the basic archetypes have basically been covered at this point. I did, though, have an vague idea for a loose fleet of intergalactic traders, mercenaries, and pirates, of various species who've joined over the years. They're technology would be a mixture of jury rigged (but advanced) homemade tech and salvaged archeotech.

So... Orks

09philj
11-07-2015, 10:38
So... Orks

More like a cross between Tau Empire (As in, all the races), Orks, and the Quarians from Mass Effect.

strongbow
11-07-2015, 11:06
Great topic, for me:

Kroot
Deathwatch
Exodites
'Chapter Tactics' equivalent for CSM
'Chapter Tactics' equivalent for IG
Lost and the Damned
Salamanders Codex (I know the community would all burn their mother's houses down and film it for youtube screaming GW hate if this happened but I would love it. As over-themed as possible preferably, with firedrakes riding firedrakes wielding drake hammers, drake shields and drake pistols :D)
More Tau allies

Haravikk
11-07-2015, 12:57
I put Imperium, because before anyone else gets a new army, the Sisters of Battle need a damned update :mad:

anselminus
11-07-2015, 16:17
Imperium, an abhuman regiment.

TwoStickZach
13-07-2015, 19:02
Xenos for sure. They are on the right track for chaos, Imperium just got some love, you could literally do anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk