PDA

View Full Version : Why do Heros have Bravery Stats?

Bede19025
07-07-2015, 21:56
Hero's never have to take a Battleshock Test (they're dead when that would happen). So why do they have Bravery stats? Are there Heros whose special rules use Bravery or allow other units to use the Hero's Bravery? (Yes, I haven't read every Warscroll to answer my own question).

Thanks.

Greyfire
07-07-2015, 21:59
There are several spells that say to make a dice roll and compare to the bravery stat that cause wounds. Check out Soul Stealer from Nagash for an example.

mhsellwood
07-07-2015, 23:17
There are several spells that say to make a dice roll and compare to the bravery stat that cause wounds. Check out Soul Stealer from Nagash for an example.

Also some attacks key off bravery - Terrorgheist attack for example. There are also some models that confer their bravery stat as a command ability. Also, if you are happy with how the basic rules work and want to add some additional elements like a scenario that requires bravery tests to complete a scenario objective your characters will work.

nicromancer
08-07-2015, 17:02
Plus you might be able to attach them to units (i've been playing it as if you can, it's fun.) and that would alter how that unit behaves in battleshock tests.

Bede19025
08-07-2015, 21:19
Plus you might be able to attach them to units (i've been playing it as if you can, it's fun.) and that would alter how that unit behaves in battleshock tests.

That would make Heros more survivable (see how long your hero lasts when he's shot at by a unit of 20 Brettonian Longbowmen!) but I don't see anything in the rules to indicate that attaching Heros to units is allowed.

Bloodknight
08-07-2015, 23:30
They probably forgot that part or ran out of space. But yeah, magic and such. Also projecting their bravery score might become a thing at some point.

Kerrahn
09-07-2015, 10:27
Some Heroes have Abilities or Command Abilities that share their own Bravery stat as well

thesoundofmusica
09-07-2015, 11:58
Heroes are fairly survivable already. And remember you're trying to kill as many models as possible OR win by objective. Killing that lone hero isnt always worth the effort.

Bede19025
09-07-2015, 13:26
Heroes are fairly survivable already. And remember you're trying to kill as many models as possible OR win by objective. Killing that lone hero isnt always worth the effort.

I don't know. I think they're much less survivable than they were under WFB due, in part, to the fact that they are more easily hit by rank and file than before and since they cannot shelter in a unit.