PDA

View Full Version : Surprised there's not a wider Model Release?

Bede19025
08-07-2015, 15:03
Let's say you're completely new and have no WFB models to play AoS with. You could buy WFB models, however, they're limited availability apparently and being phased out (?).

But there's only a very limited range of AoS models available and only 2 factions.

Are you surprised there isn't a wider release of new models for AoS?

DeathGlam
08-07-2015, 15:16
Im sure someone mentioned it all being AoS releases until the Tau codex in October, so that will be a lot of new kits to come in the later months.

Spiney Norman
08-07-2015, 15:46
Let's say you're completely new and have no WFB models to play AoS with. You could buy WFB models, however, they're limited availability apparently and being phased out (?).

But there's only a very limited range of AoS models available and only 2 factions.

Are you surprised there isn't a wider release of new models for AoS?

Really? I mean give them a chance, the starter box set isn't even on sale yet, did you think they'd be releasing full armies of new miniatures for a new game before the game itself hit the shelves?

Darnok
08-07-2015, 15:50
There are lots of kits for Sigmarines coming, as well as other releases for AoS, all in the next couple of weeks.

As Spiney Norman said: the game isn't even out yet. Have a minimum of patience.

Odin
09-07-2015, 13:47
There wouldn't be much point releasing everything on the first week, even if that was logistically feasible.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Nineswords
09-07-2015, 15:44
Why should they? The have interim rules for existing stock, and they want to promote a brand new game with the core factions. At some point, all GW games started off with two factions.

lbecks
09-07-2015, 16:08
The sigmarines are getting their roster filled out. The chaos box contents are similar to the plethora of models that were released for the end times and a few years before. So it doesnt seem like their goal is to redo everything. They also release on a weekly schedule and if the rumor is true for a summer of sigmar we'll be seeing a good amount of releases.