PDA

View Full Version : Malice & Gut Magic (the mutability of lore)

Renfield286
09-07-2015, 16:48
and he that went before now came last, and that which was white and black and all direction was thrown against itself. Grown mightily indignant at the words of the Gods, Malal did turn his heart against them and flee into the chambers of space - The Great Book of Despair

this is mostly me just thrashing something that I noticed out and trying to put form to those little niggles and leaps of logic that my brain makes sometimes.
my line of thought goes along this line.

Malal was the renegade chaos god against gods, and a reperesentation of what happens when chaos consumes itself.
Kaleb Daark was pale because his life force was being drained by malal. (eternal hunger) and he had a soul drinking axe.
Skrag the Slaughterer was originally a follower of Malal. and is still an ogre special character (and prophet of the great maw).
the ogres follow the great maw.
the symbol of the great maw is like a stylized chaos star consuming itself.
Malal = The great Maw

The Meteor that was the maw is said to have destroyed 2/3rds of the Ogre race.

yes I know that Malal was written (Mostly) out of canon, but do you think one of the writers put just enough of an old god in to give people who looked a nod.
or is it my wishful thinking.

and because my mind does this sometimes

Maw... MAW... MA\A/... MALAL

Cèsar de Quart
09-07-2015, 23:40
I love this.

This is also why the old Warhammer was great.

theunwantedbeing
09-07-2015, 23:50
It's just a nod to the old fluff but different enough that they can't get sued for it by whoever it is that holds the rights to Malal.
It doesn't mean Malal is still around.