PDA

View Full Version : AoS - What a shooting phase...

Fieos
09-07-2015, 20:55
So shooting is pretty rough in AoS. I've played probably 10 games now and it is such a change from 8th edition...

Basically a unit can shoot any enemy unit in range that it can see. It doesn't matter if that target unit is in melee range with one of your units and it doesn't matter if the attacking unit is in melee range of an enemy model... So even stuff we traditionally saw as 'locked in combat' can still shoot at anything see and then still perform melee attacks in combat.

acrimonger
09-07-2015, 21:31
What about LOS?

Unit A cannot shoot unit B (enemy) if they cannot see through unit C (friend) or unit D (enemy).

But otherwise yes, firing out of/into combat is... weird.

SteveW
09-07-2015, 21:32
I love the "arcing shot" and "hard to miss" rules for my tree buckets.

Fieos
11-07-2015, 04:23
What about LOS?

Unit A cannot shoot unit B (enemy) if they cannot see through unit C (friend) or unit D (enemy).

But otherwise yes, firing out of/into combat is... weird.

Yeah, but is that fully unrestricted LOS or simply 'can see part of the model'? I feel like if they errata and FAQ this enough it will revert to 90% 8th edition.

Mateobard
11-07-2015, 05:08
If a cannon sees the very tip top of your model's halberd, he can shoot the entire unit. Stunningly, Age of Sigmar actually made cannons (especially Duardin cannons) even deadlier than before. Duardin cannons double tap, the Engineer rerolls to hit, they wound on 2s, have a -2 rend, and then do 1d6 wounds.