PDA

View Full Version : Your houserule tweaks

Kisanis
10-07-2015, 01:54
So with all the debating going on on how to handle all those 'not covered' by the main rules section, I figured here would be a good place to collect your houserules and how other people have handled similar situations.

For example, right now we are playing with an MTG summoning sickness to prevent the summon loops (Units that show up in the hero phase, don't get a hero phase)
We may expand this to make them act somewhat like deep strikers in 40k.

We've also said the kairos/screaming bell thing is a no go :cheese:
PLEASE DO NOT BRING THIS ONE UP AGAIN

What else have you guys run into that you felt needed a quick and obvious fix?

SteveW
10-07-2015, 08:08
I've tried a bunch of peoples "house rules" and thought they were garbage so I came up with one myself.

Deploy units until one player decides not to place another, the opposing player can then place one more unit.

Avian
10-07-2015, 08:34
That sounds fun if your only unit is Nagash.

Tae
10-07-2015, 08:51
Several rules have been changed by us:
- measure to base, not to model
- chose army before deployment and then deploy it all, no deliberately stopping deployment early
- shooting cannot be done when in combat except against the unit you're in combat with
- enemy units block LoS
- all those 'stupid' rules work without requiring the stupid action (I.e. Marius)
- amended victory conditions to refer to wounds lost rather than models lost
- amended sudden death victory conditions to award more wounds for targeted units/characters, award 20-wound characteristic for endure (which must be nominated at the start of the game) and bonus wounds for seize ground

We will also be taking a look at the points system being worked on in the GW Rules Develeopment forum here as it looks promising.

Kisanis
10-07-2015, 12:38
There's some good ines in there Tae, I def think my gaming group may use base-base for measurement and enemy units blocking LoS.

I think in general we'll take some cues from 40k.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk