PDA

View Full Version : 50 wounds of gobbos AoS

Sexiest_hero
10-07-2015, 02:48
My opponent is bringing the skaven contents of IoB plus a screaming bell, I'm trying to make a list that's fluffy and of equal "power" as this is her first game of warhammer of any kind.

Goblin big boss on Gigantic spider

10 spider riders

Arancharok spider

Rock lobba

Night Goblin big boss on giant cave squig.

Ayin
10-07-2015, 05:50
I look forward to hearing how you well you feel you managed to balance out the two forces against each other after the battle.

Sexiest_hero
10-07-2015, 06:30
I don't think it will balance out well in my favor, spider riders having two wounds and just about no save is gonna have clan rats eating them for lunch. I'm not actually a fan of the whole wound count thing. But what other choice is there :(

Ayin
10-07-2015, 06:59
I don't think it will balance out well in my favor, spider riders having two wounds and just about no save is gonna have clan rats eating them for lunch. I'm not actually a fan of the whole wound count thing. But what other choice is there :(

Honestly, if you're a somewhat experienced gamer and you have complete control of your opponents list and are more or less running the game, your best option is to not even bother with half-structured comp (wounds counting is, honestly, a terrible way to try and balance the game) and go with your gut, taking what you feel is historically appropriately matched (in fluff, not in previous edition rules) and erring on the side of caution by keeping your side weaker if you worry it's too strong.

AoS rules for lineage models are very characterful and try to capture the spirit behind the units, they generally perform how you would think they would in regards to ability regardless of rule-system. Go with your gut.

Overtninja
10-07-2015, 11:49
At least get some Netters - they are absurd in combat thanks to their nets. And get some Fanatics, because Fanatics. :p