PDA

View Full Version : 8th edition Tomb Kings chariot revival

Captain Idaho
10-07-2015, 21:53
Tomb Kings - does the Banner of Undying Legion/attribute for raising the dead raise from the dead a characters chariot after it has been destroyed?

Sexiest_hero
11-07-2015, 00:14
No sir, I wish it did though.

Captain Idaho
11-07-2015, 00:16
Well that sucks.

I love the idea of a Chariot but it's a tad liability right?

Ayin
11-07-2015, 00:59
Well that sucks.

I love the idea of a Chariot but it's a tad liability right?

Not just for Tomb Kings, but across the game. Ridden monsters and targetable mounts of all kinds were hit brutally hard by cannons and their being a 'template' weapon. In your gaming group, try out cannons needing to randomize hits like other non-template missile weapons and watch the meta change significantly.

Alternatively, in End Times they started (for reasons) to use fully combined profiles for all riders and mounts. It's one of the more frustrating parts of trying to use those models in games with regular ones, and GW could have easily written rules for fully combined stats for all monsters and riders to make them work...but I think we've got a good handle on how much effort GW wants to put into game design lately. That being said, if you ever do play end times (or if your group wants to give it a go) try fully combined stats, it's not hard to work out and if nothing else, different.

Captain Idaho
11-07-2015, 08:45
Combined stats work very cleanly too. I think we'll try that.