PDA

View Full Version : Eighth Edition For Life!

KevinC
11-07-2015, 04:07
Eighth Edition For Life!

The REAL Warhammer Forum is dedicated to the 8th edition of Warhammer Fantasy Battles. While GW has launched a new era for Warhammer with the Age of Sigmar, this forum is for those in our hobby community who wish to continue playing WFB 8th edition either exclusively or along side the new Age of Sigmar.

In addition to various 8th edition Warhammer discussions, from rules questions to army list building to painting projects and so on, the EEFL (Eighth Edition For Life) community on this forum also seeks to create new army books and expansions, such as the Indy GT Dwarfs of Chaos army book and the Warhammer: GROM End Times expansion.

Join us at: http://www.eefl.freeforums.net

Tzar Boris
11-07-2015, 05:54
I think you mean 6th Edition. Like 8th edition but with 300% less big plastic monster bias.

2d6
11-07-2015, 09:33
Definitely 6th, the bad changes massively outweighed the good changes after that, 8th was a ****, True LoS is horrible, all the extra attacks make weak combat troops massively weaker, virtually no charge advantage de-emphasised the importance of maneuver.

Scammel
11-07-2015, 09:37
I think you mean 6th Edition. Like 8th edition but with 300% less big plastic monster bias.

You know, you could just say that you never got around to playing 8th. You'd know that monsters are pretty poor.

Davidian
11-07-2015, 10:40

Agreed, 6th was the best and most complete edition.

I've just started gathering all the 6th ed resources for my group :D

CrystalSphere
11-07-2015, 10:51
Glad to see you around here Kevin, i remember your goblinoid article in WD, plus i loved your chaos dwarf indy GT armybook which i used for years until FW released Tamurkhan.

I agree that AoS is nothing like the fantasy battles we know and love.

Autumn Leaves
11-07-2015, 10:58
I still think 2nd edition was the best of the 8 editions so far.

Commissar Vaughn
11-07-2015, 11:12
6th FTW!

WORDS FOR THE WORD GOD!

march10k
11-07-2015, 17:47
I'm just gonna keep playing triumph and treachery. Stupendous fun...you get so wrapped up in the treachery that triumph becomes secondary!

Ghachii
11-07-2015, 19:17
Well, for those of us who are weary of AoS haters crashing every thread with the same knee jerk criticisms over and over again, I suppose there might just be some entertainment value in watching those same people splitting into teeny tiny factions and squabbling over the minutiae of which Oldhammer edition is best. Subscribed. ;)

TheFang
11-07-2015, 19:43
Well, for those of us who are weary of AoS haters crashing every thread with the same knee jerk criticisms over and over again, I suppose there might just be some entertainment value in watching those same people splitting into teeny tiny factions and squabbling over the minutiae of which Oldhammer edition is best. Subscribed. ;)
Don't worry. We know which edition is the worst.

samael
11-07-2015, 20:07

The hypocrisy is strong in this one. ;)

KevinC
13-07-2015, 22:11
6th edition was a solid rules set, my issue was with the army books - GW sucked the life out of the Warhammer world with barely any fluff in them. Furthermore, lots of units from various armies were dropped from the actual army books (goblin spider riders, Empire Steam Tank, classic special characters, etc). By the time 7th edition came around, they realized what they did and fixed all this for the most part.

Anyway, 8th edition is my fav because it's the ultimate mix of 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 editions into one awesome edition. The most balanced in my eyes as well.

Those of you that enjoy 8th, come join us at EEFL: http://www.eefl.freeforums.net

HelloKitty
13-07-2015, 23:57
And this is why i can't support any community initiative. There are probably 20 going on right now, all doing different things.

RedKnightSpecial
14-07-2015, 00:02
Sadly, this isn't Mordheim or Bloodbowl, where the rules are short and the buy-in is small. WHFB is a huge game with a huge rulebook that needs a lot of support from a company. It will stick around a bit, but will fracture. It already is. Folks will move on to games that are actively supported. I am headed to Kings of War, myself.