PDA

View Full Version : Stormcast Eternals rules aren't being published for free?

Buddy Bear
11-07-2015, 07:50
I thought part of the goals for Age of Sigmar was to lower the cost of entry by providing free rules, but so far I haven't seen the rules for the Stormcast Eternals or the Khorne guys appear. Will they be getting free rules, or will the only source of rules be the boxes and expensive rulebooks? And if their rules aren't being distributed for free, can we expect the same with any new armies which come out? In which case, has the cost of entry really gone down?

BramGaunt
11-07-2015, 07:54
I thought part of the goals for Age of Sigmar was to lower the cost of entry by providing free rules, but so far I haven't seen the rules for the Stormcast Eternals or the Khorne guys appear. Will they be getting free rules, or will the only source of rules be the boxes and expensive rulebooks? And if their rules aren't being distributed for free, can we expect the same with any new armies which come out? In which case, has the cost of entry really gone down?

Seeing as Age of Sigmar is already 25% more expensive than Islands of Blood was, it already went up.

As for the rules: I don't know where you located, it was my understanding that the rules become available when you would theoretically be able to walk into a store and buy the box, so saturday around 11am. And at last, since none of us have any sigmarines, the need for their rules being free is relatively small - if you can play with them you have bought them anyway.

Buddy Bear
11-07-2015, 07:56
They're not free like the rules for every other army, though. And I don't know about anyone else, but I like knowing what a unit does before I spend money on it. Who spends $50 for 5 models without knowing what they do?

Shakkara
11-07-2015, 08:04
They're not free like the rules for every other army, though. And I don't know about anyone else, but I like knowing what a unit does before I spend money on it. Who spends $50 for 5 models without knowing what they do?

The same people that don't care about the state of the rules of the game at this point at all, I'm afraid.

jaceimba
11-07-2015, 08:26
They are free , you just need to wait for them to release the models. Go to the NZ site and you can download the liberators and the lord with warcloak.

GrandmasterWang
11-07-2015, 10:13
They were in the White Dwarf with the free Sigmarine.

The new Khorne guys are very similar to the main Stormcast guys.

I have play tested them both a little

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Malagor
11-07-2015, 10:15
They are available for free.
Click on the models and to the right side you will see where it says that you can download their rules.
You can do this on any GW page I think.