PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone report on the AoS starter set campaign experiences?

M'ichal
11-07-2015, 20:39
Hey guys,

For those who got the box and played through the campaign in the book, without any custom rules etc - could you please express your experiences here? I can't find any reports on playing the actual scenarios from the book, all there seems to be are videos of custom armies and bit****g about imbalance. I'd really like to hear the experiences of people who played through the campaign with just the box models, how immersive and engaging was it, did it convey the narrative well, and overall how fun was it?

thx!

Necronmaniac
12-07-2015, 09:24
I would suggest you watch this video for a good idea of how the starter set plays. I think a lot of people are playing with the legacy warscrolls for the old armies but the new armies rules are very different and make for a very different experience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8geGRMr7gag&list=WL&index=12

It seems to me that the scrolls for existing armies are designed to work very differently from the rules for the new armies. None of the mass summoning going on here!

M'ichal
12-07-2015, 14:49
Yup, was checking that video yesterday, great video :)