PDA

View Full Version : Kislev themed Empire army - need ideas

Peachy
05-07-2006, 08:04
Still trying to come up with something for my next project. I'm now thinking of starting a Kislev themed Empire army, as I really like the Kislev figure range. However, I'm not sure of the best way to go about it. Has anyone else tried this theme or come across it?

A basic framework of characters and Kislev stuff I was thinking of was:

Empire characters:
Level 4 wizrad (using Ice Queen figure)
Level 2 wizard

Kislev:
Boyar on foot
Boyar on steed

9 winged lancers
19 kossars
10 kossars
2 x 5 horse archers
5 gryphon legion
3 bear riders (using iron gut stats)

What Empire stuff would be good to add to this?

Also I'm also not sure whether now is the best time to start given that the new Empire book is out in 12 months, but I figure if Kislev are dropped I can always use the figures as something else. Any thoughts on that?

Cheers

ZomboCom
05-07-2006, 14:24
Kislev aren't barbarians. They're the furthest north civilised nation.

scavenseer
05-07-2006, 15:12
I would love to fight that army it sounds really good. Have your main wizard on a polar bear!!:)

Sandlemad
05-07-2006, 17:19
Huntsmen are good and fluffy for kislev and probably pretty handy together with the kossars. You could use pistoliers to represent a different variant of winged lancers. Artillery is good, kislev is a civilised nation, just stave off on the helblaster or tank, they're not that advanced.

What I would recommend doing is basing the army on the army of middenland list from SOC.
You can use:
Hunting hounds (fluffy for kislev),
Warriors of ulric (generic soldiery)
White wolf knights (I think theres a Praag branch of these guys or you could use them to represent a different branch of cavalry),
Wolf-kin (not quite sure but could probably be used as woodsmen, ursun devotees, chaos beast-hunters or just kislevite flagellants)
and Teutogen guard (perfect for city guard or some other kislev elite regiment).

The list has restrictions on artillery which is fine and dandy for a kislev pulk.
Best of luck!

Inquisitor_Pink
05-07-2006, 19:39
What I did for my norscan/Kislev army was use the hordes of chaos book-
Tsar on bear=Chaos Champion on demon steed
Gryphonne riders=Chaos knights
Berzerkers/Northmen= Maurauders
Confrontation wulfen= Minotaurs
Teutogen guard= Chaos knights
Ar Ulric= Chaos sorcerer with lore of beasts
Horse archers= Maurauder horse men

That's how I did it, obviously it's not tourne or shop legal cus of the Confrontation models but I wanted a wulfen theme for the army and like the models you could always convert your werekin from minotaurs. Using the chaos list would mean you would have to clear everything with your opponent but you won't have to worry about them being dropped.

Saxon
05-07-2006, 23:27
I've also seen units of knights based on the polar bear model - they look awesome but have to be modelled correctly to get them to rank up on the 25 x 50 base.