PDA

View Full Version : 6th Edition - 2500 points Hordes of Chaos Egrimm Van Horstmann List

CaptainFaramir
14-07-2015, 15:55
Now that AoS has set WHFB free, I no longer feel the need to play the most recent edition. I thought I'd try out some more relaxed gaming against some old friends using some old lists. We toyed with 4th, but agreed that 6th Edition was probably our favourite. The only amendment from 8th which we are ret-conning into the usual 6th Ed. rules will be the step-up rule - i.e. the front rank always gets to fight back (but no supporting attacks).

He's bringing High Elves (and likely with plenty of cavalry and magic). I definitely want to use my newly finished Egrimm van Horstmann model and have tried to make the magic items faithful as possible.

--

Lord/Hero: Egrimm van Horstmann - 811
Chaos Lord, Mark of Tzeentch, Great Weapon, Dragon of Chaos, Staff of Change, Golden Eye of Tzeentch

Hero: BSB - 201
Aspiring Champion, BSB, Halberd, Shield, Mark of Nurgle, Crown of Everlasting Conquest

Nurgle Sorcerer - 310
Sorcerer, Level 2, 2 x Dispel Scrolls, Mark of Nurgle (40)

Core

16 Chosen Warriors of Chaos - 448
Chosen, Halberds, Shields, Full Command, Mark of Nurgle
BSB and Sorcerer go here

18 Marauders - 151
Full Command, Great Weapons

17 Marauders - 133
Full Command, Flails

Slaanesh - Chariot of Chaos -130
Slaanesh - Chariot of Chaos -130

5 Warhounds - 30
5 Warhounds - 30
5 Warhounds - 30
5 Warhounds - 30

Rare
Spawn of Chaos - 60

Total - 2494
Power Dice - 8 (re-rolling)
Dispel Dice - 5 + 2 Scrolls

Ayin
14-07-2015, 23:45
Huh, interesting choosing the Step Up rule as the one to keep. 6th edition will likely be wildly different with that in place, so feel free to share your experience with it.

I honestly don't remember running into that many units of Warhounds in 6th, but that may well have just been because they were pewter then and are plastic now. Other than that, looks solid (from what I can remember from 6th) with the classic 2+4+2 Power Dice of a magic-lord led army and scroll caddy (though in this case a lvl 2 one).

logan054
15-07-2015, 08:32
Your army is illegal. You can't mix marks unless your general has the mark of chaos undivided. Egrimm van Horstmann should have the skull of katam.