PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried basing A0S Figures on square bases?

Tuatha Dar
15-07-2015, 21:39
I have little interest in the game, but the figs in the box set, at least the Khorne ones seem good for Warhammer. Just curious how they fit. Anyone try this yet?

logan054
15-07-2015, 21:40
I was told the marauders fit fine on 25mm bases, I assume the warriors will as well, I'm not sure about the lord because of his cape.

Tuatha Dar
15-07-2015, 21:42
I was told the marauders fit fine on 25mm bases, I assume the warriors will as well, I'm not sure about the lord because of his cape.

I was actually thinking about putting the lord and his puppy on a 50 x 50 base and say it's a lord on a demonic steed.

Ayin
15-07-2015, 21:44
From size and stance the seem like they would be extremely difficult to rank on any normal sized bases. If they had been released for Fantasy I assume they would have fit the Blightkings/Khorne 'Archaon is all about us' multi-unit on 40mm squares with screwy non-MI rules (because of their size).

I was looking at them as well, either for Khorne heroes on foot (though I don't actually use any) or for a unit of Chosen, so I'd love to see a size comparison (and if possible a comparison of them beside the End Times released Aos Khorne unit).

logan054
15-07-2015, 21:46
Oh cool, I was thinking of putting him on a 40mm bases and using him as Skaar Bloodwrath, that or he is going to become part of my new warriors of the apoc army ;)

HammerofThunor
15-07-2015, 21:49
From size and stance the seem like they would be extremely difficult to rank on any normal sized bases. If they had been released for Fantasy I assume they would have fit the Blightkings/Khorne 'Archaon is all about us' multi-unit on 40mm squares with screwy non-MI rules (because of their size).

I was looking at them as well, either for Khorne heroes on foot (though I don't actually use any) or for a unit of Chosen, so I'd love to see a size comparison (and if possible a comparison of them beside the End Times released Aos Khorne unit).

I've got old chaos warriors and marauders, and unopened box of wrathmongers (or whatever they're called) and the AoS box. I'll put together some models to show the size if you want. I also have empty 25mm squad bases. Gives a bit and I'll post the pictures.

Tuatha Dar
15-07-2015, 22:00
I've got old chaos warriors and marauders, and unopened box of wrathmongers (or whatever they're called) and the AoS box. I'll put together some models to show the size if you want. I also have empty 25mm squad bases. Gives a bit and I'll post the pictures.

That would be great thanks!

Ayin
15-07-2015, 22:06
Thanks a ton HammerofThunor!

HammerofThunor
15-07-2015, 22:35
Edit: from left to right: metal chosen, skullreaper, blood warrior, old chaos warrior
http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-kcB15w8Ir8o/VabRErisXBI/AAAAAAAAAg4/DsY-IMh4Ahw/s2048-no/IMG_1568.JPG
Old marauder on the left, new on the right
http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wNLhvwnazU4/VabRFSghPHI/AAAAAAAAAg8/Yjn49a0o7F8/s2048-no/IMG_1569.JPG

From having a look, I'd say the new warriors a little bit bigger than the old Warriors and chosen but not significant IMO. Width wise they may have trouble ranking up 25mm but probably not as much as my wife's unit of black orcs (who have one arrangement that CANNOT be modified).

Marauders look the same size. Biggest issue is the new one are a vastly higher quality and would stand out for that reason (although they could make up your front rank if you're happy with that method).

my standards of similar/same may differ from others.

Avian
15-07-2015, 22:41
Very happy that the Marauders are still the same size.

Ayin
15-07-2015, 23:04
Well now, I may just have to keep my eyes open for some of these Khorne models on Ebay.

I won't be super concerned about mixing marauders, mine are coverted to the point where I doubt it would be heavily noticeable and there's potential there for Khorne Chosen (I've just never been a fan of the Chosen models).

GrandmasterWang
16-07-2015, 04:57
Yeah the marauders are clearly designed so you can use them in 8th if you want. They all fit only 25mm squares and the command group is ace!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk