PDA

View Full Version : GW fashion?

GrandmasterWang
16-07-2015, 07:21
I just received an email from GW trying to flog Age of Sigmar shirts.

Since when did GW sell clothing?

Im certainly not interested in an AOS short but I'd actually consider other GW shirts such as if they made an epic Skarsnik and Gobbla shirt.

Has anyone ever bought clothing from GW?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

HammerofThunor
16-07-2015, 07:38
FW sell stuff at open days, I think. I'd presume they use the same producer. No idea what they're like though.

MiyamatoMusashi
16-07-2015, 07:38
They've done it on and off forever, basically (more off than on, though at one point there were a few available in GW stores - they still sell them at events, and Warhammer World). I have a couple of GW t-shirts kicking around.

I have no interest at all in AoS stuff, but the principle of selling merch alongside hobby stuff seems a reasonable one, and the only question is why they've not done it more.

turtle123
16-07-2015, 07:39
I got that e-mail too. GW is finally going Disney. As soon as they have a bunch of shirts at Gap, Uniqlo and Target it'll be even better.

I got a Salamanders lanyard for my key cards for work if that counts as clothing. I proudly wear it everyday. The Japanese folks around me all think it has something to do with dragons so its cool.

Typo
16-07-2015, 08:06
I had a great AdMech t-shirt about 15 years ago...

El Torro
16-07-2015, 08:11
I've got a Commissar Yarrick T Shirt that a friend bought for me about 20 years ago. The quality's actually pretty good. These new Age of Sigmar clothes look a bit naff by comparison.

stroller
16-07-2015, 08:25
Warhammer world now sell t shirts, hoodies, mugs, messenger bags..... some of them are pretty good, others a bit meh....

Spiney Norman
16-07-2015, 08:30
I still have a Harry the hammer warhammer anniversary tee shirt somewhere, although as I recall the transfer is peeling off (GW shirts never were the best quality) more recently I got myself a FW word bearers legion shirt at the open day.

turtle123
16-07-2015, 08:35
Think Games Day had shirts too. I totally miss Games Day. Went to like 5 of them when they were in Chicago. They randomly always fell when I went home to visit my family:)

Grok
16-07-2015, 08:43
I print my own shirts at work, we got a special printer and press. Did an Imperial Eagle one, a chaos warrior one and several with the Inquisitorial emblam :)

Clewz
16-07-2015, 09:09
They've done it ever since I can remember. Used to have a cracking posessed marine one and one of that goblin carton characterthey used to do

Ograr
16-07-2015, 09:20
Don't recall them ever having an actual webshop for it though;

http://ageofsigmar.spreadshirt.co.uk/

I'd be interested if it wasn't only Sigmarite stuff. Dark red hoodie with Khorne's symbol, sign me up!
If they start selling posters or frames of that precious Warhammer art, they can have ALL the money.

Bloodknight
16-07-2015, 10:00
Yeah, they've been doing that forever. I still have a Word Bearers-T-shirt from 2nd edition (front: Word Bearer symbol, back: the There's no peace among the stars blurb) somewhere. As to the quality, it was one of the best t-shirts I've ever bought. No idea if the current ones are that good, though.

Herzlos
16-07-2015, 10:08
Don't recall them ever having an actual webshop for it though;

http://ageofsigmar.spreadshirt.co.uk/

I'd be interested if it wasn't only Sigmarite stuff. Dark red hoodie with Khorne's symbol, sign me up!
If they start selling posters or frames of that precious Warhammer art, they can have ALL the money.

I wasn't expecting them to put up one of those no-investment shirt shops. Wow.

And 20 for a Fruit Of The Loom T-shirt with a print on it? Ouch. I can get them done in print shops for a fraction of that. Even band t-shirts at gigs aren't that expensive yet.

aprilmanha
16-07-2015, 11:36
I had a great AdMech t-shirt about 15 years ago...
I think I had that one as well! :D

Bloodknight
16-07-2015, 11:39
Grey with black shoulders and an Admech logo? I had that, too.

aprilmanha
16-07-2015, 11:41
Hmm Mine was Black with I think Orange bits on the shoulders and the logo?
hmmmm the fog of time....

BattleofLund
16-07-2015, 20:41
I'd actually consider other GW shirts such as if they made an epic Skarsnik and Gobbla shirt.

Too soon man. The wound is still raw.

Sothron
16-07-2015, 20:43
I have no interest in AoS but I'd definitely buy a Malus Darkblade or Blood Dragon shirt. Oh, a great Ironbreaker shirt would be an instant buy for me as well.

Vulgarsty
16-07-2015, 21:45
Wow. I thought they were a "miniatures company" they've certainly given up producing games so surprised to see them entering the rag trade.

El_Commi
16-07-2015, 23:27
I wasn't expecting them to put up one of those no-investment shirt shops. Wow.

And 20 for a Fruit Of The Loom T-shirt with a print on it? Ouch. I can get them done in print shops for a fraction of that. Even band t-shirts at gigs aren't that expensive yet.

To be fair, the prices are about right for merchandise.
Compare them with Jinxed who sell gaming shirts at the same (in the case of jackets/hoodies a lot more) price range.

I bought an Arena Junkies t shirt from Jinxed several years ago at 50% off, it came to 15 including delivery. Their cheapest jackets iirc are 35, but go as high as 80..

Mawduce
17-07-2015, 00:05
I would buy 40k stuff but I don't think I could walk around with AoS stuff on. I don't care for the game. They may have opened the webstore with the wrong merch. I mean a good mix would have been nice.

Kisanis
17-07-2015, 02:00
Ill totally wear an aos shirt.

Itll be on a few years when its hipster ironic like in jurassic world.

But yea, thats it.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk