PDA

View Full Version : AOS Lore: Denizens of the Realms?

Charistoph
16-07-2015, 17:31
I don't know if there is a book that answers this fully, but is there anything about who normally lives in each of the Realms?

Chaos and Death are rather obvious, as are the Stormcast in Celestial.

But what of the other 6?

Are the all predominantly populated by one race, or have numerous races lived in each of these Realms?

I have seen an image of what looks like a Dwarf Slayer whose beard and hair are flame (who needs to dye?), and looks to be in the Fire Realm. Could we be seeing Humans, Dwarfs, Orcs, and Beastmen represented from the other six realms?

HammerofThunor
16-07-2015, 17:59
There are humans in the Realm of Fire as well. I don't think we know the details yet, and I'm waiting on it before I start a proper themed force. I'm hoping there is a bit of spread across all the realms, we know of duardin from Fire, Heaven and Metal realms, hopefully there are also duardin in he realms of shadow and death.

mashkeyboardgetusername
16-07-2015, 20:05
It's been stated that humans, aelfs and duradin all also live in the celestial realm, it's not just stormcast eternals. And as above, there are humans (mostly refugees scraping a living rather than any major society) in Fire, and maybe elsewhere. Probably worth remembering that most of the realms are still predominately Chaos at the start of the age of sigmar timeline, other races are just hanging on in there.

Otherwise, sounded like there were orruks and the like in Ghur (Beasts), just from the mention of "untamed savagery" where "only the strongest survive". Would make sense at least

Malarion (Malekith?) is in Ulgu (Shadow) so there may be aelfs there, but I don't think that's all the aelfs. Rumour has it Tyrion and Alarielle are the gods/incarnates/whateverthey'recallednow of light & life respectively so may be leading some aelfs in Hysh and Ghyran.

As for metal, mention's been made of Grugni, so maybe the incarnate of metal is a dwarf rather than Balthasar Gelt, in which case there could be duradin in Chamon.

(I am kind of assuming that wherever the incarnates are there are some of that incarnate's race.)

Philhelm
16-07-2015, 21:15
Malarion (Malekith?) is in Ulgu (Shadow) so there may be aelfs there, but I don't think that's all the aelfs. Rumour has it Tyrion and Alarielle are the gods/incarnates/whateverthey'recallednow of light & life respectively so may be leading some aelfs in Hysh and Ghyran.

Lady Atia on Twitter has been releasing images of the upcoming book, and confirmed that Malerion is indeed Malekith, but that his body no longer has physical form. There was also an excerpt that stated he did not find any of his own kind in Ulgu, aside from Morathi. There was also mention that he encountered shadow demons.

InstantKarma
16-07-2015, 21:22
Lady Atia on Twitter has been releasing images of the upcoming book, and confirmed that Malerion is indeed Malekith, but that his body no longer has physical form. There was also an excerpt that stated he did not find any of his own kind in Ulgu, aside from Morathi. There was also mention that he encountered shadow demons.

Did he find Morathi, or did he bust her out of Slaanesh's clutches with Tyrion when they captured the Dark Prince?

Philhelm
16-07-2015, 21:27
Did he find Morathi, or did he bust her out of Slaanesh's clutches with Tyrion when they captured the Dark Prince?

The books just states that he found her in Ulgu among some shadow daemons. There was no mention of Slaanesh or Tyrion.

Charistoph
16-07-2015, 22:12
It's been stated that humans, aelfs and duradin all also live in the celestial realm, it's not just stormcast eternals. And as above, there are humans (mostly refugees scraping a living rather than any major society) in Fire, and maybe elsewhere. Probably worth remembering that most of the realms are still predominately Chaos at the start of the age of sigmar timeline, other races are just hanging on in there.

Otherwise, sounded like there were orruks and the like in Ghur (Beasts), just from the mention of "untamed savagery" where "only the strongest survive". Would make sense at least.

At least 6 of the 9 Realms are under the influence of Chaos, true, but for over 1000 years, there was no Chaos, so races would have grown and thrived up to that point. But that would mean there are those of those races who turned to Chaos, Destruction, or Death during the time Sigmar was creating the Stormcast, along with those in each of the Realms who strive for Order.

I don't think Chaos completely has won these Realms, either, but they are definitely are in a controlling state for most of them.

HammerofThunor
16-07-2015, 23:53
I think Fire was one of those specifically mentioned as being almost completely controlled by Khorne. But there are still humans and (it seems) duardin, at least, that exist outside of chaos control.