PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the nightmares gone!!

nevermore
05-07-2006, 11:33
I bought a Monted Blood Dragon Vampire yesterday, to my shock it is mounted on a horse!! Not a bony one either!! My killer vampire is riding Shergar!! :mad:

I thought the mounted vampires rode nightmares!

Has anyone else purchased a model and later discovered it was not what it seemed?

Nell2ThaIzzay
05-07-2006, 11:36
I bought a Monted Blood Dragon Vampire yesterday, to my shock it is mounted on a horse!! Not a bony one either!! My killer vampire is riding Shergar!! :mad:

I thought the mounted vampires rode nightmares!

Has anyone else purchased a model and later discovered it was not what it seemed?

I bought a Necromancer in which the mounted model's mount was a typical horse.

The Vampires I've bought, their mounts though they have the drapes and cloths and stuff, you can see are torn, and underneath is a horse skeleton, and even areas of rotting muscles and stuff. So I have no problem with my Vampire mounts.

But I did get a Necromancer with a regular horse mount.

The Warlord
05-07-2006, 11:37
Is't nightmare the name that the undead call their horses? Both the bony kind and the jetblack, with eyes of balefire kind.

nevermore
05-07-2006, 11:55
I guess i will have to paint it black with glowing eyes, Pah! my Blood Dragon Needs no scary skeletob horse to look good!!:p

scavenseer
05-07-2006, 13:26
Be glad you have a choice of normal sized models to use, DE only have iguanas who are having a bad day to ride upon!!:(

Hideous Loon
05-07-2006, 17:21
In fact, Nightmares in mythology are jet-black horses with glowing eyes and a burning tail and mane. So it'd be better to use Elven Steeds (since their manes/tails already flow/burn) for Nightmares, if you want to stay true to RL background.

inq.serge
05-07-2006, 18:50
yeah, the elven steeds (the old ones) are perfect.

i have one black painted with blue/white flames as mane/tail, and red shiny eyes.

you can always ask your local asur/ex-asur player if they got some old elven steed models in their bitz box, thats how i got mine.