PDA

View Full Version : Uses for Khorgorath in 40k

Everto
17-07-2015, 06:15
I'm thinking possible a giant chaos spawn or even a daemon prince, which do you guys think the model is more suited to??

CrownAxe
17-07-2015, 07:03
Khorgorath is way too small to be either of those. Your best bet is probably regular chaos spawn.

Darnok
17-07-2015, 07:38
Khorgorath is way too small to be either of those. Your best bet is probably regular chaos spawn.

I disagree, that model is massive. It could work well as both. And it would also work great as a Khornate Helbrute (CCW only, of course):

Spiney Norman
17-07-2015, 08:12
My first thought when I saw the model was "spawn", it would work as a Hellbrute if you don't mind the abstraction.

MajorWesJanson
17-07-2015, 08:15
Helbrute, Khornate Daemon price without wings.
Abstraction to run as a Helbrute? Easy. The daemon posessin it has taken over and broken free, like the soul grinder vs defiler.

Griefbringer
17-07-2015, 09:09
Taking a look at the model, it seems to me to be more "plain" compared to the many other AoS chaos models, in the sense that there is lots of undecorated surface around. For those with plentiful bits boxes, this could make it an interesting platform to decorate. For helbrutifying it, you might for example use spare vehicle bits to make it look more semi-mechanical. For spawnification, add more organic looking bits.

Darnok
17-07-2015, 09:32
I think I'm biased, since I both like the model and find it perfect for a much more daemonic looking Khorne Daemonkin Helbrute. But the few pieces of armour it has are actually mirroring the new CSM daemon engines. And the lower halfs of those "bracelets" could very easily be painted with some "plasma glow".

Everto
17-07-2015, 09:57
When I received mine yesterday it's pose is just a little wide to fit on the standard helbrute base, which with forgiving opponents I'm sure would not be an issue. It's stance is quite wide. I'm also a fan of the model and couldn't resist finding a way to incorporate it into my Daemonkin.

GrandmasterWang
17-07-2015, 13:07
The model is just like a Hellbrute imo. I actually call mine (just assembled, ace model) my Khornebrute.

It is actually bigger mass wise than the plastic Daemon Prince.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dr.Clock
17-07-2015, 18:22
Yup - another vote for helbrute...

I already have a seriously converted old metal one (Jugger head, spawn arms on one side, Typhoon ML up top, and big CCW using the front 'platform' from a Skull Throne), and just picked up a FW World Eaters Dread for a song... it came with 3 arms, too, so the Khorgorath is going to round out my team of Helbrutes once that WE one is complete.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

SimaoSegunda
17-07-2015, 23:37
I'm using it as a helbrute. I've got that as my close combat dread, I've got the DV one as my multi-purpose machine, and the old space crusade on as my ranged option.

Bloodknight
18-07-2015, 00:11
My vote is for Daemon Prince. It's too fleshy and not machine-y enough for a Helbrute for my taste.