PDA

View Full Version : Look at what GW staff are doing!

kaulem
17-07-2015, 06:38
They are measuring base to base!

:-P

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/16/1769464b23200c6db5c3f6e37f6be617.jpg

Urgat
17-07-2015, 06:53
Her... so that thingy is just a 3 inch ruler?

Kerrahn
17-07-2015, 07:06
Clearly they are measuring from the tip of the hammer to the bottom of the axe :P

Wesser
17-07-2015, 07:18
Clearly they are measuring from the tip of the hammer to the bottom of the axe :P

Yep

Think I need to brush of some Pikemen and monsters with long tails and see how stupid I can make the game look

GrandmasterWang
17-07-2015, 07:22
For the cost of that measuring device it should be gold plated!!

It looks like they are measuring weapon to weapon.

GW only put the model to model measuring thing in the molify people thinking they would have to rebase to play AOS.

I have now sampled AOS and imo measure either from the model OR the base depending on which makes the most sense for the situation. Im a random game with a stranger I couldn't care less where they measure from so long as the top of MY miniature base is left untouched by them and their miniatures.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Darnok
17-07-2015, 08:19
It's both "measuring from model to model" (hammer to axe, as pointed out above) as well as "presenting the product".

EagleWarrior
17-07-2015, 13:00
Bonus range for the Hocklands long rifle.

thesoundofmusica
17-07-2015, 13:12
Yep

Think I need to brush of some Pikemen and monsters with long tails and see how stupid I can make the game look

So what advantage would pikes give, if you consistently measure from the pike?

Avian
17-07-2015, 13:28
It doesn't help the front guy, but it helps guys behind him. For maximum advantage, have the front guy with his weapon straight up, and the rear guys with theirs lowered.
(That is to say, the opposite of what people actually did historically...)

MiyamatoMusashi
17-07-2015, 13:29
So what advantage would pikes give, if you consistently measure from the pike?

You can have one at the front with pike upraised, the second and third one with their pikes slightly lowered, the fourth with their pike out flat. Y'know... the opposite of what makes sense. But, the front of each of their pikes will all be at the same spot, which allows you to focus more attacks in the same amount of space.

That's the kind of rules these are. They reward doing the opposite of what makes sense.

TheFang
17-07-2015, 18:10
It doesn't help the front guy, but it helps guys behind him. For maximum advantage, have the front guy with his weapon straight up, and the rear guys with theirs lowered.
(That is to say, the opposite of what people actually did historically...)

Take your Dogs of War pikemen and reverse their ranks. Of course, it will take the entire game for the guy with his pike out flat to turn on the spot.

GrandmasterWang
17-07-2015, 18:26
Of course, it will take the entire game for the guy with his pike out flat to turn on the spot.

Fair enough, AOS is all about forging the narrative and those pikemen obviously had far.... far too much to drink.

Bloody tileans!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk