PDA

View Full Version : AoS app is now live.

El_Commi
18-07-2015, 19:14
As title.
Not much else to say :|

SlyRebirth
18-07-2015, 20:07
"In-app purchases" - hmm. Downloading now to see what they are.

EDIT: Looks like in-app purchases are Black Library things. There are options to download warscrolls for collections as well (eg "Thunderstrike Brotherhood", "Heroes of the Host") but these have to be unlocked by purchasing "Warhammer: Age of Sigmar". It's not clear if that requires the digital edition, it doesn't look like there's an option to put in a code from a physical book or anything.

No balancing information/points/collections. No option to create a force - just to view individual warscrolls.

El_Commi
18-07-2015, 20:14
Yeah, I noticed that too.

Doesn't inspire me with confidence to be honest. There doesn't seem to be any kind of army balancing mechanism of any kind... :(

taurus-marstein
18-07-2015, 20:18
So they just have all the warscrolls in an app? I mean that's nice but...

I don't get it. GW is obviously spending tens of millions on AoS... but what is it getting them? This app is just more proof of there manifest incompetence

Mawduce
18-07-2015, 20:23
I hoped against hope the first time I heard about it. As time went on it became clear from the spin that was around it, it would never really be what we wanted. It could changed and add features, but we'll see. I think this is it.

Deadhorse
18-07-2015, 20:24
And for my next trick, I will make this pigeon not disappear.

Kirbeeeey!

BramGaunt
18-07-2015, 20:28
So they just have all the warscrolls in an app? I mean that's nice but...

I don't get it. GW is obviously spending tens of millions on AoS... but what is it getting them? This app is just more proof of there manifest incompetence

Release a new game with new armies based on previous game, offer rules for old and new armies for free until you have released enough miniatures for the new game to stand on it's own feet, release proper ruleset for the new game that excludes the old armies that uses armybooks, which include pointcosts and proper armybuilding, keep offering basic rules for the new stuff for free. Stop selling old miniatures, and you phase players towards the new game, instead of just telling them '**** off, mate.' Like the frog sitting in hot water.

Imagine if you couldn't use the old stuff. You'd have 20 different units to play AoS if you assume the End Times stuff was already made for it.

We'll see if that works.

SlyRebirth
18-07-2015, 20:34
Release a new game with new armies based on previous game, offer rules for old and new armies for free until you have released enough miniatures for the new game to stand on it's own feet, release proper ruleset for the new game that excludes the old armies that uses armybooks, which include pointcosts and proper armybuilding, keep offering basic rules for the new stuff for free. Stop selling old miniatures, and you phase players towards the new game, instead of just telling them '**** off, mate.' Like the frog sitting in hot water.

Imagine if you couldn't use the old stuff. You'd have 20 different units to play AoS if you assume the End Times stuff was already made for it.

We'll see if that works.

To be honest, I'm not bothered if this is their approach in the coming months. I don't think it's the best way to phase out one edition and move people onto something new, however...

Avian
18-07-2015, 20:52
Given how much they have managed to mess up things *without* having to think about assigning point values, and how many silly things they managed to do with just four pages, there is no way they'll be able to put out a "proper" ruleset.

TheFang
18-07-2015, 20:55
Haven't the army lists, army builder, expanded rules and the rest of the "waitandsee" features appeared then? :(

BramGaunt
18-07-2015, 20:56
Given how much they have managed to mess up things *without* having to think about assigning point values, and how many silly things they managed to do with just four pages, there is no way they'll be able to put out a "proper" ruleset.

I'm just guessing that's the plan, I'm not saying that it can work, or that I think them capable of doing that. I don't.

HammerofThunor
18-07-2015, 21:03
Can anyone select the "Rules" option? I can't.

Ender Shadowkin
18-07-2015, 21:19

works fine for me...

El_Commi
18-07-2015, 21:35
Works on my iPhone, but not the ipad

HammerofThunor
18-07-2015, 23:06
I'm on an iPad

[SD]Daenyathos
18-07-2015, 23:15
Works on my iPhone, but not the ipad
I had the same problem,I Deleted the app then downloaded it again and it works fine now.

khammer
19-07-2015, 03:53
Daenyathos;7500729']I had the same problem,I Deleted the app then downloaded it again and it works fine now.

I have the same problem on the ipad. The delete and re-download didn't work unfortunately. Luckily the iphone works just fine. For those with Androids, here's a link to a review of the app functionality.

http://marketplacegaming.com/age-of-sigmar-the-app

Jind_Singh
19-07-2015, 05:07
Wow - stunned at some of the comments.

End of the day it's a free, fully function ap.

Access to all the warscrolls AND I can click on the ones I'm using which saves them to a list, making it easy as pie for me to reference them during a game.

I think I forgot the part where it's free....

Losing Command
19-07-2015, 05:24
Well people hoped against hope that the App would provide more rules and something to balance armies against eachother. What can I say, hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

(Edit : off-topic remark gone. I'm sorry :()

Wintermute
19-07-2015, 07:17
Please stay on topic ie the features provided by the Applicable and not the future of AoS or GW etc

Wintermjte

bigbiggles
19-07-2015, 07:45
Is there an android version? I don't see it on the play store

Gharak
19-07-2015, 08:09
Coming in a few days apparently.

G

Kisanis
20-07-2015, 02:43
Ah yes GW and its apple centric view of technology...

Well, this is making community mods for the game sound better and better.

I'm on bb10, so i'm waiting for the android version before I can pass final judgement.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

GrandmasterWang
20-07-2015, 03:49
Damn I need to update my ipad ios to dl it.

Still, a great initiative from Games Workshop.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dosiere
20-07-2015, 04:50
Is there no way to create multiple "my battle" warscrolls lists?

Jind_Singh
20-07-2015, 06:57
Is there no way to create multiple "my battle" warscrolls lists?

Not that I can see - it just saves the current army list

I used it today for the 1st time - in a game with what was a 3,000pt Empire army vs my mates Chaos - and using a lot of new units and scrolls never seen before.

I found the process slightly tedious - but no different to having to stop and leaf through pages & rules when a new army book was released. Towards turn 4 I wasn't using it as much as I had started to learn some stats and rules.

Overall me and my opponent, who was also using the app on his phone were able to play our game (his 1st proper game), and thanks to the app it wasn't as bad as looking at the PDF I had downloaded for the Empire.

Still really pleased with it overall - and think it was a pretty decent free offering by GW

Urgat
20-07-2015, 16:17
Ring me when the Android version is released...

Wintermute
20-07-2015, 18:28
Well, this is making community mods for the game sound better and better.

I'm on bb10, so i'm waiting for the android version before I can pass final judgement.

I'm in a similar position, but I have a Leap not a Z30, so when the Android version hits the Google Play Store I'll download it.