PDA

View Full Version : The goofy rules in AOS

mattgard77
20-07-2015, 07:36
Does everyone play out the goofy rules like riding a horse and so on in the new rule set?
I'm not really comfortable doing it.
Has anyone got any alternatives to playing these rules?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Memnos
20-07-2015, 08:02
Does everyone play out the goofy rules like riding a horse and so on in the new rule set?
I'm not really comfortable doing it.
Has anyone got any alternatives to playing these rules?

Just don't? :P

mattgard77
20-07-2015, 08:09
I surely won't.
Its the only thing that I really don't like with the game 😈

thesoundofmusica
20-07-2015, 08:56
We havent had one of those rules show up yet but I doubt it would be a problem since our group is just a bunch of old friends. Doing it in a shop against a random guy while being slighly on the introvert side... Yeah I cant see that happening.

I do like the goofy rules as a wink to the old world, reminds me of the more humorous warhammer from when I started.

NatBrannigan
20-07-2015, 10:32
The guy I was playing against in a store the other day was doing a fantastic impression of a Great Unclean one, is that one of the new rules? Funny thing is he was playing High Elves...

Having said that another game being played at the next table earlier that week nailed it. Not sure exactly what rule he was enacting but he said "excuse me one second", rumaged around in his bag and came out wearing a massive comedy fake mustache! That did raise a few laughs and I can see where GW were going with these rules. He was playing Empire if someone wants to enlighten me?

But yes... yelling WAAAGH or riding about on a fake horse while playing? A bit to far i think...

Bloodknight
20-07-2015, 10:48
He was playing Empire if someone wants to enlighten me?

It's a special rule for Kurt Helborg, I think.

Personally, I think these bonuses should count as automatic as long as that is possible. I mean, Kraggi can reroll his dispel roll "if the player is younger than his opponent"...
There are exceptions, though. You can't automatically assume bonuses for Greasus Goldtooth, for example. Much too powerful.

innerwolf
20-07-2015, 14:31
I would also lean for: automatic bonus if you refuse to do the joke, except when there is a negative and a positive one if you "lose/win", in which case you get none.

The Clairvoyant
20-07-2015, 15:55
You get the bonus if you do the silly thing. Why should it be automatic for you just because you don't want to do it? Don't do it, don't get the bonus. Simple. Or don't take any models that come with such rules then you never need to worry.

Bloodknight
20-07-2015, 20:23
Some of those rules are stupid because they require the opponent to agree with you. I wouldn't :p.

mattgard77
20-07-2015, 20:27
Thanks for the replies. I think the best way for me to avoid it is not to take certain models like The Clairvoyant said.

Attilla
20-07-2015, 23:11
I'd say automatic too, seems like they're only there for good laughs.

thesoundofmusica
20-07-2015, 23:36
I'd say automatic too, seems like they're only there for good laughs.

Yes and nobody plays games for laughs :P

ooontrprzes
21-07-2015, 00:51
if it's really an issue, make it an ability that works on a roll (4+, 5+, whatever, based on the power or "silliness" of the rule in question). Honestly most of this stuff is less ridiculous than the things my group does on their own, but I understand the aversion:
"nobody's gonna tell me how to make an @$$ of myself" *stomps away in squeaky, floppy shoes*
"I make a fool of me, not you."

Forced fun is not fun.

Leogun_91
21-07-2015, 16:19
It's a special rule for Kurt Helborg, I think.

Personally, I think these bonuses should count as automatic as long as that is possible. I mean, Kraggi can reroll his dispel roll "if the player is younger than his opponent"...
There are exceptions, though. You can't automatically assume bonuses for Greasus Goldtooth, for example. Much too powerful.Greasus isn't needed to use his special rule though, it just cuts down on the number of people you need to bride in a tournament. Otherwise just saying "I'll give you 10 pounds if I can control that unit for the game" tends to do the trick even without the model placed on the board.

Attilla
21-07-2015, 18:09
Greasus isn't needed to use his special rule though, it just cuts down on the number of people you need to bride in a tournament. Otherwise just saying "I'll give you 10 pounds if I can control that unit for the game" tends to do the trick even without the model placed on the board.

Haha true indeed you cheeky you :)
but I sure hope you don't intend to bride them all, that would be a harsh life indeed.