PDA

View Full Version : Is Dracothian suppose to be the Void Dragon?

saberslash127
21-07-2015, 21:21
This is just a wild assumption, and I am pretty much still ill-informed until I get the book, but I gotta know if this Dragon might be connected to the Void Dragon in anyway? He is supposively made out of stars, has an interest in the metal Sigmarite, and seems to have god-like powers that helped Sigmar make futuristic cities.....these things seem oddly similar to the Void Dragon but I'm still not entirely sure.....can anyone elaborate on this?

Theocracity
21-07-2015, 21:26
Well, he is A void dragon, but I don't think there's anything connecting him to the Void Dragon. I'm not even entirely convinced the Void Dragon was an actual dragon.

Lord Damocles
21-07-2015, 21:34
C'tan aren't 'made out of stars'.

Not everything with 'dragon' in the name need be connected. See also the Eldar Void Dragon ship (which has no relation to the C'tan!)

Ayin
21-07-2015, 21:41

Not everything with 'dragon' in the name need be connected. See also the Eldar Void Dragon ship (which has no relation to the C'tan!)

Was fairly certain the Eldar ship name comes from legend of their time battling as one of the warrior races created by the Old ones against their foes.

Charistoph
21-07-2015, 22:01

Well, you ARE what you eat...

Lord Damocles
21-07-2015, 22:07
Was fairly certain the Eldar ship name comes from legend of their time battling as one of the warrior races created by the Old ones against their foes.
The background for the Dragonship is very clear on where Void Dragons draw their name from (Battlefleet Gothic Armada: Doom of the Eldar, pg.9 (14?)), and that's simply not it.

Kurgan Ironbeard
21-07-2015, 23:11
He's an old one if anything.

MOMUS
22-07-2015, 13:18
GW come up with interesting names/terms and like to recycle them through various games/novels, this doesn't mean they must be connected. It's just a good name/idea and worth using again.
example: great destroyer/devourer/eldar/elder/old one/way stone/choppa/cabal